Thread: GO BLUES

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Thanks, not a good night for St Louis, final 7-2 Boston. Sadly good old Direct-TV has NBC Sports as a premium station. We have the base package, so don't get it. Oh, well, we would have suffered watching this game. Appreciate the info.
    Didn't realize NBC SportsNet was premium on DirecTV. My package has always received that channel.

Surprised the Blues got hammered. At least the Cardinals beat the Cubs after a nearly 4 hour rain delay last night. Didn't even know the outcome until this morning. Must not have ended until 2 am.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Don't look now but the Blues are a game from the Cup and will be playing at home for it.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    They are such a greyt baseball team!!
    Go Blues!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Don't look now but the Blues are a game from the Cup and will be playing at home for it.
    The city is going crazy now. Everywhere we go there are huge Blues banners hanging. Tonight on the local CBS evening news, they forgot the news, just did the opening with the usual shooting, then got right into video coverage of people celebrating the victory all over town. There are huge watch parties, with the Blues arena sold out for a gigantic watch party. The mascot is there, showing the game on the jumbo-tron, everyone wearing their Blues gear and a party to be had by all. At the nearby Cardinal turf, Ballpark village, there was another huge contingent of Blues fans partying.

Oh, yeah, they took a couple of minutes for the weather. That's all there was for the "news" tonight folks.

GO BLUES!!!! It's been a long dry spell--believe it's 52 years. If we win, maybe they won't be quite so contemptuous of flyover country.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

All this excitement for a sport played
    on frozen H2O!!!! Go figure.

I'll still take Florida. Don't hit
    me SaintLouieWoman!!!

Dammit!!! She just hit me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Dammit!!! She just hit me!!!!!
    Hmm, I wonder if Galaxy's Edge has Emperor Palpatine robes in her size? I know they have the cane.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if Galaxy's Edge has Emperor Palpatine robes in her size? I know they have the cane.
    I'm going to guess not because believe it or not you're not allowed to dress in Star Wars garb there because you might be confused as a cast member. Fun Fact though, in the trailer for the Last Skywalker, you can hear Palpatine's laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The city is going crazy now. Everywhere we go there are huge Blues banners hanging. Tonight on the local CBS evening news, they forgot the news, just did the opening with the usual shooting, then got right into video coverage of people celebrating the victory all over town. There are huge watch parties, with the Blues arena sold out for a gigantic watch party. The mascot is there, showing the game on the jumbo-tron, everyone wearing their Blues gear and a party to be had by all. At the nearby Cardinal turf, Ballpark village, there was another huge contingent of Blues fans partying.

Oh, yeah, they took a couple of minutes for the weather. That's all there was for the "news" tonight folks.

GO BLUES!!!! It's been a long dry spell--believe it's 52 years. If we win, maybe they won't be quite so contemptuous of flyover country.
    Funny because I went to St. Louis to see the football Cardinals in 1987 and you saw a lot of baseball Cardinal stuff(they just played in the World Series so it stands to reason) and not as much football Cardinal stuff but it was out there(Bidwill already had declared the team was moving so it's understandable there was apathy) but if you didn't already know there was an NHL team in St. Louis you wouldn't ever know because there was ZERO Blues stuff around. I guess now they don't have a choice because there's no football team and the baseball team is struggling a tad and if the Blues win it will be the first title since what, 2011 for the city? And the first non-Cardinals title in 20 years IIRC.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Funny because I went to St. Louis to see the football Cardinals in 1987 and you saw a lot of baseball Cardinal stuff(they just played in the World Series so it stands to reason) and not as much football Cardinal stuff but it was out there(Bidwill already had declared the team was moving so it's understandable there was apathy) but if you didn't already know there was an NHL team in St. Louis you wouldn't ever know because there was ZERO Blues stuff around. I guess now they don't have a choice because there's no football team and the baseball team is struggling a tad and if the Blues win it will be the first title since what, 2011 for the city? And the first non-Cardinals title in 20 years IIRC.
    The Cardinals have been perhaps the second best franchise in MLB throughout history. They truly are a regional team. When I was a kid in the Midwest, Cardinals fans were prevalent. And they still are.

The Rams did win one Super Bowl title in St. Louis about 20 years ago and were good for a short period. The Blues actually have been a very popular local team even when they stink. SLW would probably agree.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender