Thread: GO BLUES

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    The Cardinals have been perhaps the second best franchise in MLB throughout history. They truly are a regional team. When I was a kid in the Midwest, Cardinals fans were prevalent. And they still are.

The Rams did win one Super Bowl title in St. Louis about 20 years ago and were good for a short period. The Blues actually have been a very popular local team even when they stink. SLW would probably agree.
    The Cardinals are actually the NL equivalent of the Yankees. They have 11 titles. The closest NL team is the Giants with 8 titles. The Yankees, of course, have 27 titles. If the Blues win, that's going to leave the Leafs as the NHL's most hardluck team. They're the only Original 6 team not to win a Cup over the last 30 years. The Leafs are the last Original 6 team to win the Cup when there were only 6 teams. Hell, they haven't been to the finals since. If the Raptors win the NBA title(they're up 2-1) that will leave the Leafs as Toronto's hard luck team as the Blue Jays have a couple of titles and the Argos have won a few Grey Cups in the 2000's.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Funny Blues video. The night they went into the stands in Philly after some fans threw stuff at them. This is before the Flyers became the Broad Street Bullies and at this time the Blues, and more specifically, the Plager brothers were public enemies #1 to Flyer fans. Flyers GM Keith Allen got tired of getting beat up by the Blues and started drafting tough guys like Bob Kelly, Andre Dupont, and Dave "The Hammer" Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm going to guess not because believe it or not you're not allowed to dress in Star Wars garb there because you might be confused as a cast member. Fun Fact though, in the trailer for the Last Skywalker, you can hear Palpatine's laugh.
    They do have Sith robes and Palpatine's cane for sale in Doc Ondar's Den of Antiquities for sale. You just can't be in costume when you visit Galaxy's Edge probably for the reason you mentioned. I've been watching YouTube videos of people going through the park. There are quite a few items I'd like to pick up if I ever get there....

Holocrons (Jedi and Sith)

Kyber crystals (blue, green, purple, red, yellow, white and the rare black)

The legacy lightsabers of one Ahsoka Tano, former padawan learner of Anakin Skywalker.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    The Cardinals have been perhaps the second best franchise in MLB throughout history. They truly are a regional team. When I was a kid in the Midwest, Cardinals fans were prevalent. And they still are.

The Rams did win one Super Bowl title in St. Louis about 20 years ago and were good for a short period. The Blues actually have been a very popular local team even when they stink. SLW would probably agree.
    I do agree. The Blues have always been popular with the St Louis fans. The Cards and Blues have always been favorites. I remember some of the old Blues players, like Brett Hull and the Plager brothers and a golden oldie, Gus Kyle. Once in a while I'd get free Blues tickets from my office and my favorite memory of the Blues were the tickets I got from a client who couldn't use his season tickets. They were center ice, right up at the glass where you could see all the fights and have them come crashing up to the glass. Now that was exciting. I usually was up in the nose bleed section.

People forget that St Louis once upon a time had major league basketball--the St Louis Hawks. One of their stars was "Easy Ed" McCauley. He later was a coach at St Louis U and was doing physical therapy on his knees the same time I had knee surgery. He was at retirement age then and talked about how rough the sport was on his knees. Ed was very encouraging when I had a tough time with my knee rehab, a very nice person.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG, what a disgrace of a game.

I took my Blues shirt off. After a game
    like tonight it's hard to believe the Blues
    are in the Finals.

They better get their shit together
    for Wednesday.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    OMG, what a disgrace of a game.

I took my Blues shirt off. After a game
    like tonight it's hard to believe the Blues
    are in the Finals.

They better get their shit together
    for Wednesday.
    Talk about a fair weather fan. I felt bad enough about it but SR has been obnoxious and rubbed it in my face all night.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Talk about a fair weather fan. I felt bad enough about it but SR has been obnoxious and rubbed it in my face all night.

I have not!

It's all down to prep and coaching now, for the Blues.

The Blues blew their chance. No way Boston loses another home game.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The Blues blew their chance. No way Boston loses another home game.
    We'll find out Wednesday night!! There will
    be dancing in the streets somewhere...