1. #1 Eight children among at least 15 people hurt in Japan stabbing spree 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    BAN KNIVES!!!!!

By Yoko Wakatsuki, CNN
    Updated 9:17 PM ET, Mon May 27, 2019

Tokyo (CNN) Eight children were among at least 15 people hurt in a stabbing spree at a park in the city of Kawasaki on Tuesday, authorities said.

The city's fire department said it received an emergency call at 7:44 a.m. Tokyo time that a number of people had been stabbed, department spokesperson Akira Tanaka told CNN.

Three people, including an elementary school student, are in critical condition, according to Japanese public broadcaster NHK.

Eight children and seven adults received treatment, according to NHK.

NHK reported that a suspect had been detained. He is in his 40s or 50s and has a serious injury
    May the FORCE be with you!

Sounds like it's time for strict knife control and mandatory background checks before any cutlery purchase .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

I'm not for banning guns, but I will note that none of the stabbing victims died. In the usual mass shooting, people die. Sometimes lots of people die.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm not for banning guns, but I will note that none of the stabbing victims died. In the usual mass shooting, people die. Sometimes lots of people die.
    There are dead from the attack.

Updated at 6:00 a.m. ET

At least two victims are dead, including an 11-year-old girl, and about 17 others were injured in a mass stabbing attack near Tokyo, Tuesday morning.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    a 6 year old girl died.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    There are dead from the attack.

Updated at 6:00 a.m. ET

At least two victims are dead, including an 11-year-old girl, and about 17 others were injured in a mass stabbing attack near Tokyo, Tuesday morning.

That's really sad.

I'm not for banning knives either. I'm not personally a gun person, but I've been known to carry a dagger-mostly when I lived in the city and was out walking my dog after dark. I still have the dagger, but I lost the clip with which I could clip it to my boot. I couldn't be a witch of the 90s without a knife.

Glad I read the article before posting, it supported what I was remembering.

From the article...

Mass stabbings are extremely rare in Japan. In 2016, 19 people were killed in a stabbing spree at a care home for disabled people -- the deadliest mass killing in Japan since the end of World War II.

Japan also strictly regulates weapons, and it's illegal for people to carry a pocket knife, craft knife, hunting knife or box cutter in public, according to the US State Department.
    and

Japan is considered one of the world's safest developed countries. It boasts one of the world's lowest homicide rates, according to the United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime.
    Asian culture is a whole other world from western culture on so many levels, it's very hard for us to pin down the why's of these rare events over there. Here it's usually environment-related, with lots of publicly shared pointers. Over there it's harder to gauge what sets people off.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    ..... Asian culture is a whole other world from western culture on so many levels, it's very hard for us to pin down the why's of these rare events over there. Here it's usually environment-related, with lots of publicly shared pointers. Over there it's harder to gauge what sets people off.
    Also of note it is a single culture not a multi culture environment. The Japanese have held their country and strongly controlled both personal and commercial access since forever. Two things are most interesting to me. An individuals future is tightly controlled from birth to death within limits of qualifications for education and career. Second, they have a moral obligation to participate in helping keep everything clean and polished.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault