Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Scot Peterson Fired By BSO, Criminally Charged Over Actions ... 
    Scot Peterson Fired By BSO, Criminally Charged Over Actions During Marjory Stoneman Douglas High Shooting

FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Shortly after being fired by the Broward Sheriff’s Office, former deputy Scot Peterson was arrested by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for his actions during and after the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland.

Shortly after taking command of the department, Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony focused an internal investigation on seven deputies to determine whether their actions at MSD High School on February 14, 2018 complied with Broward Sheriff’s Office standards.

On Tuesday, Tony announced the termination of Peterson and Sergeant Brian Miller who were found to have neglected their duties.
    Peterson’s arrest by the FDLE came as a result of a 15-month investigation into the actions of law enforcement following the shooting. He’s been charged with seven counts of neglect of a child and three counts of culpable negligence and one count of perjury.

“The FDLE investigation shows former Deputy Peterson did absolutely nothing to mitigate the MSD shooting that killed 17 children, teachers and staff and injured 17 others,” said FDLE Commissioner Rick Swearingen said in a statement. “There can be no excuse for his complete inaction and no question that his inaction cost lives.”
    About damned time!
    Timeline of US Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2169385

Timeline of China Coronavirus Events & Actions: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index...tml#msg2184146

Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Man I had forgotten about this coward.

Looks like the system didn't!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

I'm surprised it took them this long to fire him-I can see it taking some time to file charges.

Then again, I had a coworker who was "suspended with pay" for over a year. She moved to a new home and didn't provide a forwarding address, so she couldn't be served with legal papers. She kept avoiding the disciplinary meetings until finally she was allowed to resign her position instead of being fired from it. And she had that paid year of no work without the benefit of full union representation, as she had quit the union when MI passed the right to work bill. Our employer was far more concerned that she would sue them than they were about actually getting rid of a terrible employee.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    I don't want to rain on everyone's parade here, but Peterson and the others will likely win in court.

The SCOTUS has ruled several times that police are not required to place them selves in danger to protect others.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/p...o-protect.html

Translation. Peterson and the others determined it was too dangerous for them selves to enter, and thus they didn't. And they will win their cases here.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I don't want to rain on everyone's parade here, but Peterson and the others will likely win in court.

The SCOTUS has ruled several times that police are not required to place them selves in danger to protect others.

Translation. Peterson and the others determined it was too dangerous for them selves to enter, and thus they didn't. And they will win their cases here.
    Yep to all that.

So what EXACTLY are hey paid to do????

There is that perjury charge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedomnut View Post
    So what EXACTLY are hey paid to do????
    I know you don't like to hear it. But police's duty is to enforce the laws, but not to the extent of putting their own lives in jeopardy if they know there is a risk. Their duty is to investigate crimes after they happen, and assign the proper people to come in and clean up the mess left behind. Police do not carry guns to protect other people. They carry guns to protect them selves.

https://mises.org/power-market/polic...npxY9.facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball View Post
    There is that perjury charge though.
    Perjury charge is a stretch and with it partially hinging on the other 6 that will all likely be tossed. I wouldn't get my hopes up on a conviction. Watch the ACLU to rush in. Peterson will likely walk. With full retirement.

It would be hard to be on the jury, and put yourself in his position. A good lawyer, who knows how to pick a sympathetic jury, is all it would really take to get him off in criminal court. He's still out of a job, though.