Thread: Things you should NEVER do in a bar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Okay, this is inspired by the 40 things a drunk should do before dying thread.

This is an oldie but goodie.

NEVER order a frozen drink in a bar that serves pickled pigs feet.

Also, NEVER hide Peter Lorre.
    That advice works with wine coolers as well.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Never drink the actual limit when some fool is buying like the White Throne Judgment is going to happen tomorrow.

My sainted MIL once dated a guy who really, really liked bars. He'd get everybody rounded up and throw a couple hundred at the bartender with orders to just keep it coming. :eek:

One time, my BIL and I had about 12 beers in front of us and on the floor. Those nights were the stuff of legend for the few who could remember the evening.

Also, never throw up in a sleeping bag. Slightly off-topic but great advice anyway. (No, it wasn't me although I had a hearty laugh over it.)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The eggs - don't eat them. I don't care what that other list says.

And absolutely don't eat one and do maybe 3 shots and then ride around in a pickup with no real suspension. :(
    Never go into the head after a guy who has been chowing down on pickled pigs feet and hard boiled chillie pepper eggs all night,It could be terminal !!

Never play "Stairway to Heaven" on the juke box. Just don't do it.

Never receive a drink from Johnny Vegas? Cold Warrior?

Kidding, guys...really...:D
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Never play "Stairway to Heaven" on the juke box. Just don't do it.
    It could work out for a 'Hot date' with a ' Lonesome Polska long haul' trucker but it would be kinda 'stinkey' in that closed truck cab!

Never drink a white russian after drinking copious amounts of Jack Daniel. You will blow your lunch through your nose.

Never drink the actual limit when some fool is buying like the White Throne Judgment is going to happen tomorrow.

My sainted MIL once dated a guy who really, really liked bars. He'd get everybody rounded up and throw a couple hundred at the bartender with orders to just keep it coming. :eek:

One time, my BIL and I had about 12 beers in front of us and on the floor. Those nights were the stuff of legend for the few who could remember the evening.

Also, never throw up in a sleeping bag. Slightly off-topic but great advice anyway. (No, it wasn't me although I had a hearty laugh over it.)
    Also never share a sleeping bag with cheep beer drinking, pickled pigs feet, hard boiled egg eater on a cold night with the top zipped up or suffer the ''Green Faced Death' !

Banned
    Never try to drink up the bar's supply of Black Jack in one sitting. I tried to do that when the drinks were on the house; a lawyer won a multi-million dollar lawsuit and set the bar up for the whole night.

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    You got that right. I grew up on a farm. I've seen animals become meat. It is a painful process. I prefer to avert my eyes from the slaughter and enjoy the fruits of the process. BUT, I would have a difficult time raising a pig or calf to become meat.

I do love my bacon, though. And burgers.

I've done the butchering myself. Country living is unmatched for grounding a person and giving them a sense of the real facts of life.