Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A college grad flees U.S. to avoid student loan debt: 'I had to escape this prison' 
    Eventually, Chad Albright just couldn't take it anymore. The rejection, the depression, the mounting bills, it became too much to deal with all on his own.

"I had to escape this debtors’ prison," he said. It felt like there was no other choice. "That's what America became to me, a prison. So I left."

Albright bought a one-way ticket to China and boarded an airplane, uncertain if he would ever return to the country he once considered home.

It was 2011, and Albright was 30 years old, starting over in a country more than 7,000 miles away from his life in Pennsylvania — away from his family, his friends, and far away from the $30,000 he owed in student loans.

Borrowing money for college seemed like a sound financial decision at the time. Albright thought his degree would reliably lead the way to a well-paying career.

With tuition comes high debt. And when delivering pizzas was the only job he could find two years post-graduation — with the country’s outstanding student debt rising above $1 trillion, and 1 million people defaulting on student loans every year — it didn’t seem like it was worth it after all.
    Further down

But to his dismay, finding a job after graduation wouldn't be so easy. His degree in public relations wasn't opening up as many doors as he anticipated.
    :asshole:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...na/1419169001/

[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/0*UEW1zO_UnCtEcGSb.png[/IMG]
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

He couldn't find a job in the heart of the booming Obamaconomy? He needs to be thrown in prison for fraud, where he can learn to code.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Another assholes gets a feel good degree and now he can't find that $ 100,000 a year job he thought he'd get.

I expect to see more and more of this.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

30,000 and he's skipping the country? Can I trade him? I'll pay off that, he can run away with my wife and I's 100k combined student loans.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

$30,000. I made more than that playing on eBay. What a wuss. A college degree may help you find a job; but it's common sense that keeps you alive. In my mid 30s, and I paid my own way through college. Just for my head, since I was already a well paid pipe fitter. Shit, I had life lessons behind me, and challenged some of the courses. I really wasn't sure if studying logic & philosophy would improve my life, but no doubt it did.
    Last edited by Jimsouth; 06-14-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    There is no such thing as a normal life; there is just life. Jimsouth ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial - OJJPAC.org
    www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

If $30,000 is prison, then anyone in the country paying a note for a late model car is in prison. $30K just isn’t that much in today’s world.

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    30,000 and he's skipping the country? Can I trade him? I'll pay off that, he can run away with my wife and I's 100k combined student loans.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Is that it? He was 30,000 in debt? I got that much on my credit cards right now but I don't see it as a reason to flee the country. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to this story than the deadbeat wants to l confess.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Is that it? He was 30,000 in debt? I got that much on my credit cards right now but I don't see it as a reason to flee the country. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more to this story than the deadbeat wants to l confess.

yeah, like is he in debt to a legitimate financial institution or a loan shark?
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    public relations
    I actually had to look this up. As to how much work goes into getting a degree in this.

Full-time students usually complete the degree in 2 semesters
    So you're talking about 16 weeks in 2011. Average cost of college for a 2 semester course would have been with everything $6,000 - $10,000 max. This includes tax, books, food and dorm room. Even a part-time job at Walmart he should have been able to pay that off with-in 2 years easy. He clearly didn't make a single payment and got slammed by late fees and penalties thinking they would just go away.

Yet, somehow he managed to scrape up the $$$ for a one way ticket to China not knowing if he would ever return to the evil slave master USA. I call bullshit on the entire story. WTF is he going to do in China? Exercise his illustrious public relations skills? LOL!

This is propaganda to sell the idea of free college.
    Last edited by Tecate; 06-14-2019 at 09:12 PM.