Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1 Home Weather Stations 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Does anyone have one?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,418
    Of course. :D

    A wireless one from Oregon Scientific.
    The little temp sensor is out back attached to the house in a shaded area.
    No wind speed sensor though. :(
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Moderator lurkalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Posts
    1,539
    Does opening the door, saying "FUCK ITS COLD OUT THERE" and slamming it shut again count?
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member ironhorsedriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Coal Fields of WV
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    Does opening the door, saying "FUCK ITS COLD OUT THERE" and slamming it shut again count?
    I find it to be one of the most accurate means of forcasting available.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    Does opening the door, saying "FUCK ITS COLD OUT THERE" and slamming it shut again count?
    LOL. Yes, but....

    That's an analogue system. I'm looking for something digital.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Moderator lurkalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    LOL. Yes, but....

    That's an analogue system. I'm looking for something digital.
    tell you what
    send me outside in this weather and I got a digit I'll show you :mad:
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    tell you what
    send me outside in this weather and I got a digit I'll show you :mad:
    Was that a James Bond movie...Coldfinger?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Moderator lurkalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Posts
    1,539
    and exactly why do you need one of those fancy weather station thingees?
    if its cold outside, its cold..if its hot, its hot..
    not like you can do anything about it

    for a so called hillbilly you ain't got much zen with life do ya? SR I can understand he seems to be a twitchy little feller that likes to be in control. But a true hillbilly would just sit around stare at their bib overalled belly and say "it is what it is"...

    I'm calling on your hillbilly card
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    and exactly why do you need one of those fancy weather station thingees?
    if its cold outside, its cold..if its hot, its hot..
    not like you can do anything about it

    for a so called hillbilly you ain't got much zen with life do ya? SR I can understand he seems to be a twitchy little feller that likes to be in control. But a true hillbilly would just sit around stare at their bib overalled belly and say "it is what it is"...

    I'm calling on your hillbilly card
    Ah. Lotus Blossom....

    It was the great sage George Jones who gave us the phrase High-Tech Redneck. I just wrapped that concept around my own Hillbilly sensibilities. CMT on the satellite.

    Hillbilly is a state of mind. It is neither north nor south nor east nor west. It is not down or up. It is inward. In embracing my Inner Hillbilly, I am indeed embracing the Universe.

    And bicycles are very essence of zen.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Moderator lurkalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Ah. Lotus Blossom....

    It was the great sage George Jones who gave us the phrase High-Tech Redneck. I just wrapped that concept around my own Hillbilly sensibilities. CMT on the satellite.

    Hillbilly is a state of mind. It is neither north nor south nor east nor west. It is not down or up. It is inward. In embracing my Inner Hillbilly, I am indeed embracing the Universe.

    And bicycles are very essence of zen.
    ah Spandex Grasshopper
    a bicycle should only be used after an unfortunate DUI incarceration
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •