1. #1 Why 33 Million wasn’t enough for Oberlin 
    Power CUer
    Why 33 Million wasn’t enough for Oberlin
    http://datechguyblog.com/2019/06/15/...h-for-oberlin/

If you want to understand why 33 Million isn’t a penny too little for punitive damages against Oberlin college all you need to read is this paragraph from the Legal Insurrection coverage of the case:

The damage was worse than most realize. On a walk through campus several weekends ago, this reporter talked to about 20 students at random on campus, and every one of them said they would never shop at Gibson’s because the business and family are racist. When shown the police reports and the fact that the three shoplifters plead guilty and claimed “no racial profiling” was involved, most of the students I spoke with said, “Cops lie.”

Think for a second. These are supposedly educated people. Even with the shoplifters pleading guilty and stating for the record “no racial profiling” they presume that Gibson is racist and no amount of facts or evidence will convince them otherwise.

That college has done a great job brain washing the minds of their students.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Wonder if those kids would change their minds if the money came out of their pockets.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Wonder if those kids would change their minds if the money came out of their pockets.
    That's why we have kids run lemonade stands and sell cookies. They learn how a small business feels. If course, the nation seems to be outlawing these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    That college has done a great job brain washing the minds of their students.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Oberlin is traditionally one of those artsy-fartsy kind of schools. It's kind of like a college version of Interlochen (Fine Arts Camp or Academy). The kids think they are all Harry Potters and Hermione Grangers with plenty of gender-switching and weed and that they are all at Hogwarts because they are each so special and loved. It's mentioned in The Preppy Handbook as a school no preppie would ever attend.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Oberlin is traditionally one of those artsy-fartsy kind of schools. It's kind of like a college version of Interlochen (Fine Arts Camp or Academy). The kids think they are all Harry Potters and Hermione Grangers with plenty of gender-switching and weed and that they are all at Hogwarts because they are each so special and loved. It's mentioned in The Preppy Handbook as a school no preppie would ever attend.
    sounds like a total waste of a student loan debt and 4 years of a young person's life.
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Mom and Dad do high fives soon as their son or daughter's bus leaving for college is round the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    That's why we have kids run lemonade stands and sell cookies. They learn how a small business feels. If course, the nation seems to be outlawing these things.

Girl Scouts still sell cookies, but it seems that their parents are doing most of the selling.

I know it's not safe for scouts to go door to door selling them like I did as a kid. I also know that parents sell them at workplaces where kids can't go. But when it came to selling to family and my parents' friends, my parents made us make the sales pitch and keep track of the money once we were old enough to do so.