Thread: Bye, bye Joe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I'd be willing to wager the old Joe comment about Obama being a clean black man might be tossed back at him by the other candidates.
    Their DEE-bates are already the RACE-bates.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I could see Warren as the nominee and her picking a minority male, like Booker or Castro, as her running mate, to get a big minority turnout at the polls. If Hillary had picked Booker as her running mate, he'd be President right now (because I'm assuming the GOP dominated congress would have impeached and removed her by now over Benghazi).
    No. She was going to lose no matter what. People did not want a Obama term. As for Benghazi, that was negligent but not criminal. She would have been impeached over the illegal servers and being irresponsible with sensitive material. Hell, Comey laid the case out right on national TV but said that he wasn't recommending indictment because, essentially, she didn't mean it but if you want obstruction of justice, Hillary did it in spades.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I'd be willing to wager the old Joe comment about Obama being a clean black man might be tossed back at him by the other candidates.
    That would be kind of strange considering Obama chose him as his VP. Also, the Bill Clinton comment that Obama would be bringing him coffee was more egregious. Seriously, even in 2008, can you imagine if McCain made that comment?
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    That would be kind of strange considering Obama chose him as his VP. Also, the Bill Clinton comment that Obama would be bringing him coffee was more egregious. Seriously, even in 2008, can you imagine if McCain made that comment?
    Much higher standards for Republicans. Libs don't really need to have any standards. Except hating the orange man.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Michelle is perfect. She has no voting record to attack. Name recognition and widespread admiration. She isn't going to alienate any of the factions. And everyone knows that good old Barack will really be in charge even though it will likely be Valerie Jarrett running things.
    I don't think that'll be the case (And I'm not just saying this as wishful thinking on the grounds that I loathe Moo- chelle even more than I hate Barack, though I do).
    1) She has, to the best of my knowledge, expressed zero real interest in running. It's soon getting to be pretty late for a new candidate to emerge.
    2) She may not have a voting record, but that's not to say she has zero skeletons in her closet or things that can be used against her in her campaign. Consider that she left her law practice when Barack started his presidential campaign, which in what I'm sure was just a remarkable coincidence, was just as her bar association was preparing to investigate her for multiple reported ethics violations. Consider her health food hypocrisy (Or maybe the other Dem candidates won't care about it much, since unlike me, they did not work in public schools during the Obama Administration and thus did not see how damaging her school- lunch policy actually was to kids and teens). Consider her infamous "For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud to be an American" remark. Other Dem candidates could use those against her.
    3) Unlike the other Dem candidates, she has never technically been an elected public official. The other Dem candidates can easily use that lack of real experience against her. If she had gone the Hillary route and attempted to run for Senate first and get at least a little bit of time under her belt, that would be one thing, but she hasn't done that. Even Barack had at least a few months' experience as a Senator before starting his bid for the presidency.

We all love to hate the Moose. Most of your objections wouldn't raise a ripple in the D primary and would likely hurt whoever brought them up. Democrats can't win a general election on issues. Any specific set of issues will alienate one or more of their many faceted coalition. They CAN win with charm, charisma and meaningless platitudes like "fundamental transformation of America" which everyone can interpret in a different way to their liking. In our era of polarization, experience has gone out the window as an issue. Early polling, before most announced candidacies, Michelle was neck and neck with Biden. The superdelegates will swarm to her and with 2 dozen candidates it is unlikely to get a decisive early front runner. Barring a worldwide economic collapse on the scale of 2008, a MAJOR war or a direct hit from an asteroid (all of which would be Trump's fault); I see the President's re-election as a done deal. I'm still wary of an Obama 3rd term.
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Well, Pete's kind of out of the race, too, although I don't think he realizes it yet. The SB police shooting is going to do him in with enough of the dem base to knock him down in the polls.

It sucks to be a mayor in those situations, because it is your police department.

All pete has going for him is hate for Christians and pushing his gayness. Both are not going to gain votes from mainstream Americans.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.