Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Warren, Clyburn to Introduce Bill to Forgive Billions in Student Loan Debt 
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) announced on Thursday that they will introduce legislation in the House and Senate that would forgive up to $50,000 of each students’ college loan debt, which would help about 42 million people, according to a press release posted on Warren’s Senate website.

“The legislation will significantly lessen the student debt crisis and help tackle the racial wealth gap,” the headline of the press release announcing the bills said.

Warren, a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions and Clyburn, House Majority Whip, both claim that the bill, if it becomes law, will help about 95 percent of student borrowers and cancel debt entirely for some 75 percent of borrowers.
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ent-loan-debt/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

who's going to pay for it?
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Another liberal popcorn fart in hell

Still not enough to buy my vote, Dems.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

From what I read the total student loan debt in the USA is about 1.5 trillion dollars. If the 138 million taxpayers are on the hook for only half of the debt, it's still a ton of money; $5400 for each taxpayer. It makes the $312 million we're are going to pay to seize bump stocks without compensation look like chump change.

Some of the student loan practices are predatory, but these people need to be adults and pay their way.

Well when are the dim's going to reimburse me for the 26,000.00 in student loans I struggled for several years to pay off. If they are going to do this stupid shit, I think we all should be reimbursed before these assholes get their debt forgiven.
    Onward Thru the Fog

I attended college on my own dime (plus a small grant) for a year. When I figured out I was not cut out for that kind of studying, I left debt free and found another way to educate myself and earn a living.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    who's going to pay for it?
    Pass Bill
    ?
    Forgive Student Loan Debt

This is pretty much the formula for all leftist "free" schemes. Remember when AOC was asked how to pay for her Green New Deal, she simply said, "you just pay for it".
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambone View Post

Some of the student loan practices are predatory, but these people need to be adults and pay their way.
    Explain because this doesn't make any sense. This isn't like the mortgage disaster when lenders were giving loans to people who could ill afford to pay for it or lending enormous amounts of money. The reason the student loan thing is out of control is because a good chunk of students take out loans to attend these high priced colleges and major in silly stuff like Bisexual Asian Studies, majors that have absolutely zero practical applications. No one puts a gun to their heads. No, this, like all of the free, free, free garbage is a vote buying scheme, nothing more.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

I was referring to guys like this;
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ent-loan-plans

Navient will have to answer claims by the state’s attorney general, Josh Shapiro, that it violated consumer protection laws by steering struggling borrowers into payment plans that benefited the company rather than the students, U.S. District Judge Robert Mariani ruled late Monday in Scranton, denying its motion to dismiss the suit. The company’s earlier motions to dismiss claims have failed in three similar cases.