Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Iran War Drums: President Trump Reportedly Cancels Retaliatory Attack 
    Power CUer
    Iran War Drums: President Trump Reportedly Cancels Retaliatory Attack; FAA Issues No Fly Order
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-no-fly-order/
    President Trump reportedly authorized, and then cancelled, a retaliatory attack on Iran Thursday night for the downing of an unarmed U.S. drone the night before, reported the New York Times in a report later confirmed by CBS News. Planes were in the air and ships in position, however no missiles had been launched.

...Excerpt of the New York Times report:

President Trump approved military strikes against Iran in retaliation for downing an American surveillance drone, but pulled back from launching them on Thursday night after a day of escalating tensions.

As late as 7 p.m., military and diplomatic officials were expecting a strike, after intense discussions and debate at the White House among the president’s top national security officials and congressional leaders, according to multiple senior administration officials involved in or briefed on the deliberations.

Officials said the president had initially approved attacks on a handful of Iranian targets, like radar and missile batteries.

The operation was underway in its early stages when it was called off, a senior administration official said. Planes were in the air and ships were in position, but no missiles had been fired when word came to stand down, the official said.

…It was not clear whether Mr. Trump simply changed his mind on the strikes or whether the administration altered course because of logistics or strategy. It was also not clear whether the attacks might still go forward.

…The strike was set to take place just before dawn Friday in Iran to minimize risk to the Iranian military and civilians.

Power CUer
    Trump confirms he called off retaliatory Iran attack ‘10 minutes before the strike’
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...ast-minute-wsj

President Trump confirmed early Friday that he called off a retaliatory attack on Iran in response to the downing of a U.S. drone “10 minutes before the strike,” saying the number of expected casualties was not "proportionate" to what Tehran did.

In a stunning tweet thread, the president said the U.S. was "cocked & loaded to retaliate" against three sites, but he reversed course after asking military leaders about how many would be killed.

"... I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not ... proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new, and ready to go, by far the best in the world," Trump said. "Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!"

He also took another swipe at his predecessor Barack Obama's nuclear deal with Iran, while claiming sanctions imposed since have weakened the country. He also said more sanctions were added "last night."

Power CUer
    “I Am in No Hurry” – President Trump Slams Obama, Says He Called Off Yesterday’s Attack After General Told Him 150 Would Die in Iran
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...d-die-in-iran/
    President Trump: President Obama made a desperate and terrible deal with Iran – Gave them 150 Billion Dollars plus I.8 Billion Dollars in CASH! Iran was in big trouble and he bailed them out. Gave them a free path to Nuclear Weapons, and SOON. Instead of saying thank you, Iran yelled ‘Death to America.’ I terminated deal, which was not even ratified by Congress, and imposed strong sanctions. They are a much weakened nation today than at the beginning of my Presidency, when they were causing major problems throughout the Middle East. Now they are Bust! On Monday they shot down an unmanned drone flying in International Waters. We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone. I am in no hurry, our Military is rebuilt, new, and ready to go, by far the best in the world. Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!

I stand by my saying that I trust The President's instincts. So not invoking 'death' has merit at the moment, as long as Iran is in a state of squishy suspense about what their immediate future entails.

Trump is freezing them. We have 'spies' in all their 'networks' anyway, from banking to oil-smuggling.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    I stand by my saying that I trust The President's instincts. So not invoking 'death' has merit at the moment, as long as Iran is in a state of squishy suspense about what their immediate future entails.

Trump is freezing them. We have 'spies' in all their 'networks' anyway, from banking to oil-smuggling.
    I wonder what the real story is behind this.

No official sources, but Gen. Jack Keans stated today that additional information, at the last minute, confirmed that the President's initial instincts were correct. It was a rogue commander acting without orders and the mullahs were furious. Why wasn't this in the President's morning tweet? Maybe the CIA didn't want it known that they have a source for this inside Iran. But, it got out anyway.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ne-iran-strike
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Power CUer

Awesome meme, but what’s up with that light fixture behind Trump? It looks like a freaking demon.
    Last edited by Tecate; 06-21-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Awesome meme, but what’s up with that light fixture behind Trump? It looks like a freaking demon.
    Don't know what that is. Thought it was a bird.

Eagle in flight
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault