Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I wonder what the real story is behind this.
    It might be for when he meets Xi at the G-whatever it is Summit, about the trade-deal.

" See? I saved you guys' butts. Let's close The Deal. "

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Will trump get credit for making the correct decision? Probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May the FORCE be with you!

The Obama administration launched about 1800 drone strikes in eight years, Trump has more than 2000 in two years. This is not surprising at all considering the improving technology and our increasing reluctance to risk American lives on the battlefield.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47480207
    There have been 2,243 drone strikes in the first two years of the Trump presidency, compared with 1,878 in Mr Obama's eight years in office, according to the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, a UK-based think tank.
    Other websites report greatly increased numbers of drone strikes, but I haven't been able to find these numbers on other sites.

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.co...ump-first-year
    General Thomas Waldhauser, the man in charge of US military operations throughout Africa, told journalists in April 2017 that though he now had leeway to order strikes without clearing them with the White House, he would be retaining the criteria introduced by Obama that a strike could only happen if there was a near-certainty that no civilians would be harmed.
    #8 Thou Shall Not Lay The Burden of Proof Onto Him That Is Questioning The Claim.
    #11 Thou Shall Not Feed The Trolls.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Awesome meme, but what’s up with that light fixture behind Trump? It looks like a freaking demon.
    According to the left, it's probably a white power symbol and dog whistle.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

He did the right thing for the right reason.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He did the right thing for the right reason.
    You may not believe this, but I was against the war in Afghanistan and the war in Iraq. Of course, I remembered Osama bin Laden (Binladin) from the old mujahideen days. I figure once CIA always CIA if you're in that deep. Also, it always seemed fishy that after Osama allegedly blew up the American Embassy in Nairobi that his daddy's company got the contract to rebuild it.

As for Iraq, I watched the fake news (I didn't need Trump to tell me to distrust it) and saw them float the Mohammed-Atta-meets-Iraqi--intelligence-in--Prague story within a couple of days of 9/11. That's when I called a friend of mine back East and said, "We're going to war with Iraq." She kept saying I was crazy and that we were just going to war with Afghanistan. I told her that if they were already floating this Prague story that the preparations were already being made.

I was so relieved that Trump didn't take the bait and didn't strike Iran. However, I am cynical enough to know that if Adam Schiff, Chuck Schumer and Bill Kristol could take a 24-hour hiatus from their "orange-man-bad" narrative to support POTUS when he seemed poised to strike Iran, Washington must want this war. With Bolton on board I fear it is inevitable. It would be a disaster for this country, so i hope I am wrong.