Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 40 Things Every Drunk Should Do Before Death 
    Here's another waggle of the martini glass to our good friends over at Modern Drunkard:

(excerpt)

I think it a sad sign of the times that, in this age of entrenched nannyism and political correctness, a person is more likely to be judged by what he refrained from doing than what he actually did. It’s no longer important that you climbed the mountain, but rather how many boulders you didn't “accidentally” dislodge and let roll down on the less daring hunkered in the valley below.

Fortunately, imbibers have historically been immune to popular opinion, so hence this list. If you manage all forty before you take a barstool at St. Gabriel’s Pearly Gate Lounge, you may feel secure in the fact that you’ve lived a rich and full life, even if only the boys and girls down at happy hour think so. And when you do belly up to that big open bar in the sky and the bartender asks: “What sort of life did you lead?” you can look him right in the eye and say, “Gabe, baby, I’m glad this is eternity, because I’ve got a helluva lot of stories to tell.”

1.) Open and close a bar.
    Find one that opens its doors before noon. Stake out a comfortable seat and hunker down. Resist informing the bartender of your tremendous plan, as this will cause him to pour waves of pre-celebratory shots and you won’t survive happy hour. Pacing is everything. Watch the crowds come and go, watch bartenders rise, reign and fade while you remain like a cagey Methuselah. From that day forward, within the walls of that bar at least, your name will be legend.
    For the other 39 accomplishments, follow the link to Modern Drunkard :D
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 06-20-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Here's another waggle of the martini glass to our good friends over at Modern Drunkard:

(excerpt)

For the other 39 accomplihments, follow the link to Modern Drunkard :D

I've done abbout 30 or so of tose things. I need to drink more, I guess. :)

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the NaÔve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Banned
    Oh, I like that site! :D A new source of material for posting here.

How many here have done: 5.) Spend a night in the drunk tank? I have AND it was in a foreign country! I count, rough order of magnitude, about 30 I've "accomplished."

On edit: Perhaps a mod should merge this thread with Philly's "Things..." thread and then we could get answers like: "First hear the little darling say "dadda" while you're rolling on the floor drunk."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post

How many here have done: 5.) Spend a night in the drunk tank? I have AND it was in a foreign country! I count, rough order of magnitude, about 30 I've "accomplished."

On edit: Perhaps a mod should merge this thread with Philly's "Things..." thread and then we could get answers like: "First hear the little darling say "dadda" while you're rolling on the floor drunk."
    I like the way you think but we're pretty lucky they let us post our snide, drunken comments on Fridays at all. If we merged the threads, they'd call the thread cops. Since I am one, this would make me very, very conflicted. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post

Ginger introduced me to that site a couple years ago. It's farkin hilarious!

And ROFL at your edit!:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    This is the most embarrassing day of my life, I think. I only got up to about six of the 40. Perhaps as an excuse I'll say.... well, this is mostly geared toward the way guys are when they drink, not girls. Yeah, that's it.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This is the most embarrassing day of my life, I think. I only got up to about six of the 40. Perhaps as an excuse I'll say.... well, this is mostly geared toward the way guys are when they drink, not girls. Yeah, that's it.

SIX?!!!

There is no excuse for that kind of lameness.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

If you're still at work, knock back a pint now. That would at least get you up to seven by quitting time. Later.....well, the night will be young. :D

Power CUer
    Don't pile on, please. I feel bad enough as it is. Even if I count the nights I can't really remember, I don't think I can get my score up to double digits.

Don't pile on, please. I feel bad enough as it is. Even if I count the nights I can't really remember, I don't think I can get my score up to double digits.
    Spoken like a true sissy. You'll never achieve your goals with that kind of attitude. Everybody in the Lounge expects you to increase your total score by at least one goal before Sunday night. You can do it!