Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    As an aside, it feels weird to me that, even though it was de facto (people choosing in which neighborhoods they wanted to live), famously liberal Berkeley was segregated when my hometown area (where many were farmers whose necks were literally sun-burnt red/brown) had been integrated for at least two generations.
    That's not odd. The wealthy liberals still segregate themselves in private schools while poor whites attend public schools with blacks and Hispanics. Liberals mostly project their own guilt onto others, especially poor whites (ie. "smeily Wal-Mart people") whom they loathe.

Victor Davis Hanson makes it clear that these wealthy whites liberals never have to live with the results of their own ideology.

Power CUer

Curiouser and curiouser. So Kammy lived in a neighborhood that was integrated. Sounds like she played fast and loose with the truth. Probably her neighborhood was integrated, and had been naturally so for some time. But maybe she was bussed to another school to integrate that school, or for reasons unrelated to desegregation during an era when other Berkeley schools had students bussed in to compensate for de facto segregation. Given the way Omar, Tlaib, and AOC have played loosey-greasy with the truth, it would not surprise me if Kammy is, too.

What is striking about this story to me is not that it's a make-break issue for me wrt Kammy, but that she's describing a California almost diametrically different from the California I grew up in. That there was (and is) racial prejudice in CA is obvious to me - lots of humans lived and live here - but she tried to make it sound like Jim Crow reigned in CA, even into the late 60s and early 70s, which is slanderously false on multiple levels.
    She lied.

She played a race card that wasn't even hers to play.

She learned well from Willy Brown who wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the ass.

White America needs to understand that black politicians can and will lie about racial issues to play on white guilt.

Can you believe that we have Willy Brown's whore running for President?
    Elspeth, your knack for diplomacy inspires me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    She lied.

She played a race card that wasn't even hers to play.

She learned well from Willy Brown who wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the ass.

White America needs to understand that black politicians can and will lie about racial issues to play on white guilt.
    It gave her a little bump in the polls, but this morning, she is running 3rd behind Joe and Warren. The candidate she's most overtaken is Bernie, and he wasn't really doing that well this time around, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It gave her a little bump in the polls, but this morning, she is running 3rd behind Joe and Warren. The candidate she's most overtaken is Bernie, and he wasn't really doing that well this time around, anyways.
    Were I a reasonable person who agreed with liberal policies (believe it or not, I believe many many such people are around), Kamala Harris is so unprincipled and tyrannous at heart that she would scare me. I don't know if any of the current crop of Dem candidates would suit this hypothetical me, but Harris would be at or near the bottom of my "Oh Hell, NO!!!" list.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Were I a reasonable person who agreed with liberal policies (believe it or not, I believe many many such people are around), Kamala Harris is so unprincipled and tyrannous at heart that she would scare me. I don't know if any of the current crop of Dem candidates would suit this hypothetical me, but Harris would be at or near the bottom of my "Oh Hell, NO!!!" list.
    I have plenty of time to decide before the 2020 MI primary, but currently it's between Biden and Warren for me. My sister likes Mayor Pete, but realizes he can't win the general. Her daughters, both of whom will be able to vote in the 2020 general election, want Beto. They don't like Biden because he's old, they think Warren is smart, but that she's also old.