1. #1 CA about to ban discrimination against African-American hair 
    Power CUer
    Not kidding. And Any-Twosome-Newsome will sign it.

https://moonbattery.com/california-m...st-black-hair/

Everything about Persons of Politically Preferred Pigmentation is made holy by the sacred victimhood of discrimination — even their hair. Not to worry; social justice warriors will see to it that black hair will no longer be oppressed:

Kari Williams has worked to make her natural hair salon a refuge for black Angelenos, including those who’ve felt pressured to alter their hairstyles to hold on to a job.

Some customers have asked her to cut their locs — short for dreadlocks — because their bosses deemed them unacceptable. Others hadn’t worn their natural hair in so long they forgot what it looked like. That’s why Williams welcomes proposed state legislation that would make California the first state to protect black employees from discrimination based on hairstyles.
    To be “protected from discrimination” regarding employment means being granted special favoritism regarding hiring, firing, and promotions. If this passes — and in California these days, I wouldn’t bet against it — those of privileged pigmentation who don’t feel that they are already been handed sufficient advantages over everyone else can achieve still more privilege by sporting mangy dreadlocks.

...The CROWN Act (an acronym for Creating a Respectful and Open Workplace for Natural hair) would prohibit “the enforcement of grooming policies that disproportionately affect people of color,” namely blacks. Conceivably, this could make it a crime to ask employees to pull their pants up so as to show less than 6 inches of underpants....

Who comes up with this stuff? I don’t think half a dozen bong hits and an early Pink Floyd record played backwards could do it.

Seems Charlie Daniels had it wrong ———— the devil didn’t go to Georgia; he went to California and seems to have set up a VERY successful practice!

Dear Cal law makers. Deal with your real problems!!!!! You've got many. You don't have a single spare penny to spend on the war against plastic straws.

Take responsibility for your decisions. That includes how they're funded. And, deal with the real-world consequences of your past "visions".
    Its called common sense. Look it up.

I can't tell you how many jobs I didn't get in part because I had long hair. Sometimes it was safety issues (around machinery) some times it was cleanliness issues (food prep), and sometimes it was professionalism (sales and customer service). Its not a race thing it's a being responsible thing. Adulting means choosing and dealing with the consequences of those choices. You want the job, do what the boss wants. You want the funky hairdo, face tattoos, gauges, find a job that will take you with them. The economy is booming now, there are jobs out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

What's African-American hair? And who's not being allowed to have it?

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    I can't tell you how many jobs I didn't get in part because I had long hair. Sometimes it was safety issues (around machinery) some times it was cleanliness issues (food prep), and sometimes it was professionalism (sales and customer service). Its not a race thing it's a being responsible thing. Adulting means choosing and dealing with the consequences of those choices. You want the job, do what the boss wants. You want the funky hairdo, face tattoos, gauges, find a job that will take you with them. The economy is booming now, there are jobs out there.

Yeah, you see scalps ripped-off in leisure & recreational situations every couple years too.

What's next? Demanding the Military to allow blacks to wear dreads down to their asses or a big old Angela davis afro while on active duty?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    What's African-American hair? And who's not being allowed to have it?
    Good question. Are white people dreadlocks covered under this too?

Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I'm not touching this with a 10-foot pole.

Other than to comment on beauty salons. Customers are going to go to salons that meet their needs. Black hair care requires specific skills. Black customers are going to go to salons that specialize in their hair. The women in Dearborn have salons that specialize in the hair of people of ME descent. The women in Madison Heights have salons the specialize in Asian hair. And there are plenty of salons for white women. There are some salons that have stylists with different specialties and can accommodate any ethnicity.