Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Palin '12 - Change you'll be begging for 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Franken: “Continuing to count after I’m seated would be a waste of taxpayer money”

Minneapolis, 1/5/09) Al Franken today, in a spurious and impromptu statement, decried the use of taxpayer funds to continue the recount in Minnesota indicating he’s so far ahead now after months of recount, there is no need to begin wasting money to continue.

“On election day I was almost 800 votes behind my opponent. During these months and months of handheld viewing of ballots to determine voter intent, it turns out we located enough lost, misplaced and undercounted votes for me to overtake Mr. Coleman and win the election. Yes, that recount cost the taxpayers millions, millions that could have gone to infrastructure, social programs, jobless programs, etc., but it was done for a good cause, that is, my best interests. Now Mr. Coleman threatens to contest many of these votes extending the mindless, needless use of taxpayer money in a lost cause. If this were to continue, rest assured we’d continue to locate missing votes, wherever they may be, in my favor resulting in my esteemed opponent never catching up. My first act as Senator is to call for an end to this election and recount. Any further protestations and wasting of funds will be on Mr. Coleman and the Republican Party, not me.”

http://www.liberallunacy.bravehost.com/

Senator Harry Reid concurred, saying, “It is our sacred trust and bond with the public to ensure the tax money spent by the people of Minnesota is spent in a judicious and cautious manner as we in the Senate already do for the entire United States. Ensuring the election of a Democrat, by whatever means necessary, is a wise use of funds. We must not waste money so a Republican can catch up.”

Developing..

I can't believe anyone voted for Fraken .. let alone that he won.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    I can't believe anyone voted for Fraken .. let alone that he won.
    They kept finding ballots for frankin in the trunks of dem operatives - votes cast the day before the election too!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    They kept finding ballots for frankin in the trunks of dem operatives - votes cast the day before the election too!

Don't forget those that they counted twice!!!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Don't forget those that they counted twice!!!
    They'll seat frankin too - but won't seat the dude from Illinois. You have to love it. Fucking morons.

6. #6 But, but... 
    Did you see this article...it was the Canvassing Board that gave Franken the election! I fully support a lawsuit based on these double-standard decisions...
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,470892,00.html

Sonnabend
    . My first act as Senator is to call for an end to this election and recount. Any further protestations and wasting of funds will be on Mr. Coleman and the Republican Party, not me.”
    "Stop the recount, the people have spoken"...when a Democrat wins...

And whatever rules are adopted must be consistently used in evaluating all ballots.

What to do when voters change their minds at the last moment or accidentally fill in the wrong oval? In such a case, the voters are supposed to ask for a new clean ballot. But the board presumes that some voters who change their minds simply put an “X” through the blacked-out oval. Even if the voter doesn’t blacken an oval for another candidate, an “X” through an oval is interpreted as the voter changing his mind. There is a claimed exception to this rule: if all the votes for each candidate that a voter supports are simultaneously marked by both filling in the oval and an “X,” voters are assumed to support those candidates.
    Here's a thought: Adopt and apply th rules to the ballots before a recount. You do NOT change the rules during a recount. For all the BS from liberals about election stealing, they are the one consistently screwing up elections.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Here's a thought: Adopt and apply th rules to the ballots before a recount. You do NOT change the rules during a recount. For all the BS from liberals about election stealing, they are the one consistently screwing up elections.:mad:
    But what you are overlooking is the proponderance of lefties named Todd. These wee todds are barely able to figure out how to walk and chew gum at the same time - voting is HARD for them!!

During these months and months of handheld viewing of ballots to determine voter intent
    Wouldn't the best way to determine intent be to just look at who they actually voted for?
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad