Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 The Latest: 6.9 earthquake felt in Southern California 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Another one!!!

LOS ANGELES (AP) ó The Latest on Southern Californiaís strongest earthquake in 20 years (all times local):

8:30 p.m.

An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.9 has jolted Southern California, but there are no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake hit at 8:19 p.m. Friday and was centered 11 miles from Ridgecrest, where a magnitude 6.4 quake struck on Thursday. The agency initially said the earthquake had a magnitude of 7.1.

The quake was felt downtown as a rolling motion that seemed to last at least a half-minute. It was felt as far away as Las Vegas, and the USGS says it also was felt in Mexico.

If the preliminary magnitude is correct, it would be the largest Southern California quake in 20 years.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Upgraded to 7.1
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Yep!

Oh...and it's Trumps fault of course!!!

Power CUer
    My apartment swayed around a bit. Some car alarms went off.

I was ZZZzzzzzz, though I have seen a few SF Bay Area people on FB comment that they felt it.

At this point the USGS apparently has not identified the actual fault, but it appears to have been on the fault system that runs along the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountains north to the Cascades in OR, rather than on the San Andreas Fault system that runs through the Coast Range mountains north to SF and then out into the Pacific Ocean.

In plainer language, the Sierra Nevada fault system and San Andreas Fault system are roughly parallel to each other, with CA's broad Central Valley in between. If you think of CA as a curved banana split bowl with a 200 mile handle in the south, another 150 mile handle in the north, and a deep crack in the side at the San Francisco Bay, it's not too bad a mental picture. The length of CA is around 900 miles, and the breadth 200-250 miles.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

I have to be honest with you... Never been in an Earthquake, but if the ground started shaking Iíd probably shit about a half a dozen bricks. I canít even imagine what that would be like.

I get an email from the USGS when there are
    quakes over a certain mag and my in box this
    morning was filled with one after the other of
    4.0 to over 5.0s that hit early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I have to be honest with you... Never been in an Earthquake, but if the ground started shaking Iíd probably shit about a half a dozen bricks. I canít even imagine what that would be like.
    I've lived in California all my life and never get used to them. The problem is they hit without any advance warning and once one starts, you dont know how long it will last or how strong it will be.

When last night's quake hit, my grandson was playing with his dominos on the dining room table and all on his own he went under the table. I was very proud of him remembering what he was taught in school regarding earthquake survival.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Oh...and it's Trumps fault of course!!!

It's a false flag, note all the earth quakes are on Navel weapons station China Lake.
    We are on the brink of an adventure children. Don't ruin it with to many questions.
    -Mary Poppins

I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.