1. #1 Sea Ice Ends Year at Same Level as 1979 
    Each year, millions of square kilometers of sea ice melt and refreeze. However, the mean ice anomaly -- defined as the seasonally-adjusted difference between the current value and the average from 1979-2000, varies much more slowly. That anomaly now stands at just under zero, a value identical to one recorded at the end of 1979, the year satellite record-keeping began.

Sea ice is floating and, unlike the massive ice sheets anchored to bedrock in Greenland and Antarctica, doesn't affect ocean levels. However, due to its transient nature, sea ice responds much faster to changes in temperature or precipitation and is therefore a useful barometer of changing conditions.

Earlier this year, predictions were rife that the North Pole could melt entirely in 2008. Instead, the Arctic ice saw a substantial recovery. Bill Chapman, a researcher with the UIUC's Arctic Center, tells DailyTech this was due in part to colder temperatures in the region. Chapman says wind patterns have also been weaker this year. Strong winds can slow ice formation as well as forcing ice into warmer waters where it will melt.
    Read the whole article here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    no it can't be true. The Al Gore told me that it was melting. And so did all the celebs whoring themselves out for the polar bears!! :eek:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    no it can't be true. The Al Gore told me that it was melting. And so did all the celebs whoring themselves out for the polar bears!! :eek:
    Of course it's true.

But the return of sea ice to the same level of 1979 is proof that Global Warming is accelerating.

Those guys really set it up to have it both ways.

WARMER = Global Warming
    COLDER = Global Warming

What a scam
    Onward Thru the Fog

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Of course it's true.

But the return of sea ice to the same level of 1979 is proof that Global Warming is accelerating.
    It's not "global warming," it's Global Climate Change. You must remember to give it the proper title, so that all normal climate variations can be used to "PROVE" it's real!!!1!1!!1!!11!111!1 Do NOT forget again!!:mad::mad:

-
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

I hope people are starting to realize that this is just a big hoax in order for some scientists to get their middle class lifestyle funded. They get grants to study global warming/climate change and all they have to do generate any set of results that remotely confirms the grantor's point of view and write a report on it. After that the seek more grant money in order to refine their lifestyle ***cough cough*** er climate change data...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I hope people are starting to realize that this is just a big hoax in order for some scientists to get their middle class lifestyle funded. They get grants to study global warming/climate change and all they have to do generate any set of results that remotely confirms the grantor's point of view and write a report on it. After that the seek more grant money in order to refine their lifestyle ***cough cough*** er climate change data...
    Global warming is the eugenics of this century.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.