1. #1 USC Dornsife: Democrats believe a white male is most likely to beat Trump 
    Power CUer
    One of the few polls I give any credence is the USC Dornsife poll. They were one of the few whose polls matched the 2016 election results. Here's their poll on Biden and the Dems.

USC Dornsife/L.A. Times poll: Democrats believe a white male is most likely to beat Trump
    https://news.usc.edu/158435/poll-bea...-usc-dornsife/
    The latest USC Dornsife/LA Times poll shows Democrats believe Joe Biden is the likely candidate to beat President Donald Trump among Democratic voters.

Generic winning candidate profile

More than half of Democratic voters overall believe a white male candidate is the most likely to beat President Donald Trump. Voters chose a white male more often than other generic categories regardless of whom they support—and in most cases regardless of their own ethnicity and gender—USC Dornsife/Los Angeles Times national tracking poll shows.

I don't know, I think that a black and/or female candidate could beat Trump. But that candidate needs to be more of a centrist than most of the candidates. Joe is more of a centrist than the rest, that is part of why he is doing well. I think Harris would be leading in the polls if she were more centrist on some issues, like immigration reform/treatment of detainees and integration/busing. She's proven she's tough in a debate-I would be curious to see how she matched up with Trump in a debate.

I think that if Biden gets the nomination, Harris will be his running mate. She's been hard on him, but he's the kind of guy who doesn't hold grudges.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know, I think that a black and/or female candidate could beat Trump. But that candidate needs to be more of a centrist than most of the candidates. Joe is more of a centrist than the rest, that is part of why he is doing well. I think Harris would be leading in the polls if she were more centrist on some issues, like immigration reform/treatment of detainees and integration/busing. She's proven she's tough in a debate-I would be curious to see how she matched up with Trump in a debate.

I think that if Biden gets the nomination, Harris will be his running mate. She's been hard on him, but he's the kind of guy who doesn't hold grudges.
    If you look at the poll, they asked about generic candidates by gender and race, and a white male was considered the most likely to beat Trump. I don't know why.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    If you look at the poll, they asked about generic candidates by gender and race, and a white male was considered the most likely to beat Trump. I don't know why.
    Easy, liberals are completely racist and misogynistic. This poll proves it.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender