Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If Trump has never been involved with Epstein, he should have nothing to fear. But he knew him well enough to speak highly of him at one point in time, while even noting Epstein's taste for younger women.

Just remember, most of us liberals hate Trump more than we love the Clintons. Most of us are willing to throw Bill under the bus to get Trump out of office. There are some pretty salacious allegations out there about Trump's involvement with Epstein. I don't know how much evidence there is to back them, I'm just pointing it out.

Senate Investigating Mueller FBI's Prosecution Of "Orgy Island Billionaire" Jeffrey Epstein

effrey Epstein, the disgraced New York financier who served 13 months in prison for soliciting an underaged girl for prostitution, has served his time, and despite all of the negative press surrounding his "Lolita Express" and the many celebrities and politicians - including former President Bill Clinton and disgraced actor Kevin Spacey - who have reportedly traveled to his "orgy island", he will likely live out his life as a free man (unless new offenses are committed).

But thanks to a series published by the Miami Herald last year that delved into how prosecutors worked with powerful defense attorneys to ensure Epstein received such a lenient sentence. The expose shed a light on the role played by Alex Acosta, who went on to become Trump's Secretary of Labour, in handing down the light sentence. Acosta was the US Attorney for the Southern District of Florida at the time Epstein's sentence was handed down.

Now, thanks to those stories, the DOJ has reportedly opened an investigation into the conduct of DOJ attorneys in the case, and whether they committed "professional misconduct" in their working relationship with Epstein's attorneys.

The probe was opened in response to a request lodged by Sen. Ben Sasse, a a Nebraska Republican and member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, who raised questions about the case after reading the Herald's stories about how Acosta and other DOJ attorneys worked with defense attorneys to cut a lenient plea deal for Epstein back in 2008, per the Herald
    The article provides documents that indicate Epstein may have cooperated with the DOJ as an informer though there is no evidence on what and\or whom.

At the time, the FBI was run by Robert Mueller.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...onaire-jeffrey
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Wonder if Epstein's mother will have a note excusing his behavior?
    Dear Mr. Kotter,

Please excuse my son's improper behavior. He is very sorry and promises not to do it again.

Signed,

Epstein's Mother
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lab...acosta-epstein
    Acosta, who was U.S. attorney for Florida at the time, helped Epstein secure a plea deal that resulted in an 18-month sentence — he served just 13 months. The deal was criticized as lenient because Epstein could have faced a life sentence. Acosta negotiated a deal that resulted in two state solicitation charges, but no federal charges.
    But he said Wednesday that his office intervened only after state prosecutors were ready to let Epstein walk free.
    “Simply put, the Palm Beach state attorney’s office was ready to let Epstein walk free, no jail time,” he said. “Prosecutors in my former office found this to be completely unacceptable.”
    Acosta argued that it was his office that secured jail time, restitution and for Epstein to register as a sex offender.
    "We believe that we proceeded appropriately, that's based on evidence, not just my opinion… there was value to getting a guilty plea and having him register," he said.
    If that is the case, then why keep the deal a secret from the victims until after it was made?
    #8 Thou Shall Not Lay The Burden of Proof Onto Him That Is Questioning The Claim.
    #11 Thou Shall Not Feed The Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambone View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/lab...acosta-epstein

If that is the case, then why keep the deal a secret from the victims until after it was made?
    They didn't want victims/parents to know they would 'be receiving' money from Epstein, so Epstein's lawyers would probably accuse the victims/parents of only coming-forward because of the money.

After the deal is made, the victims are literally telling the truth about not knowing Epstein was paying for their lawyers and was open to any amount of damages they would seek.

Who will be caught in this dragnet? And what’s taking so long for the names to be exposed? Democrat, Republican, whatever... I don’t care. Anyone who had sex with children, I want rounded up, given a fair trial, and then hanged or fried in the electric chair if found guilty.

Sharks with freaking laser beams attached to their heads will also do.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Who will be caught in this dragnet? And what’s taking so long for the names to be exposed? Democrat, Republican, whatever... I don’t care. Anyone who had sex with children, I want rounded up, given a fair trial, and then hanged or fried in the electric chair if found guilty.

Perps are trying to cover their tracks and hiring lawyers.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Perps are trying to cover their tracks and hiring lawyers.
    If the truth is ever allowed to come out on this, I believe it may be one of the biggest stories of our lifetime. It may spill over into the UK as well. Just speculating... I’m sure the coverup artists are working around the clock.

Concur. What will make this messy, probably for years to come, is that pervs like Epstein are hiding in plain sight. Epstein was uber-gregarious because: that's how he found susceptible girls; that's how he found fellow-pervs for mutual sharing; that's how he found lots and lots of shallow friends (= camouflage) who would say he's a nice guy, either earnestly or to avoid lengthy discussions. That means thousands of innocent people will get scrutiny because they were socially acquainted with Epstein.

As noonie said previously, lots of Libs/Progs loathe Trump and are drooling at the possibility Trump will be ensnared. And if, as I think extremely likely, their hopes are dashed, they'll hate Trump all the more for it. Hatred does that to people.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Sorry the sharks are unavailable as they're on the endangered species list. The best we can do are mutated, ill tempered Sea Bass.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.