1. #1 Bust Biz Sags On Drooping DOW. 
    Demand deflates for DDs

BY BILL EGBERT
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, January 5th 2009, 12:42 AM

The bigger-boob business has gone bust.

With the stock market in a tailspin and home values dropping, demand for breast implants is sagging too, city docs say.

"The number of the bigger surgeries has gone down for sure," said Dr. David Shafer, a Manhattan plastic surgeon. Breast enlargement surgery can cost anywhere from $4,000 to more than $10,000.

"People are definitely thinking twice right now," said Dr. Sydney Coleman, another Manhattan surgeon. He said his colleagues in the lucrative field are starting to feel the pinch. "They're complaining about it," he said, "and they don't usually complain."

High-end clinics that specialize in elective cosmetic surgery for wealthy patients are especially vulnerable.

"If the procedure is purely esthetic, it's definitely down," said Dr. Sydney Coleman, whose Manhattan practice does both esthetic and reconstructive surgery.
    In related news: the first quarter looks bright for socks, toilet paper. :D

Flatline

An aquaintance of my sister got implants once, and her ex-husband paid for them while they were married. When they split up, he told her "I paid for your breasts, I get to keep them", a statement with an OJ vibe to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    An aquaintance of my sister got implants once, and her ex-husband paid for them while they were married. When they split up, he told her "I paid for your breasts, I get to keep them", a statement with an OJ vibe to it.
    Well, he might not have been so keen for them 10 years down the road. They do require tune-ups to prevent the rock-in-a-sock syndrome. ;)