Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Female journalist told she needs male chaperone to cover politician's campaign 
    link

demmiblue (21,184 posts)

Female journalist told she needs male chaperone to cover politician's campaign

Mississippi Republican Robert Foster denied requests from Larrison Campbell to shadow campaign for governor ‘out of respect of my wife’

A Republican candidate for Mississippi governor has been accused of sexism after he banned a female political reporter from going on a campaign trip without a male chaperone for fear of being accused of an extramarital affair.

Earlier this week, Robert Foster’s campaign denied requests from Larrison Campbell, a reporter for Mississippi Today, to shadow him on the campaign trail ahead of next month’s primary election – unless she was accompanied by a male colleague.

His campaign told her they feared if somebody took pictures of him with Campbell, they could be used by rivals to smear him.

Campbell told the Guardian she was “shocked” when she was told Foster would not cooperate without a male colleague present because he had initially seemed interested when she approached him about reporting a story and they had an established working relationship.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...box=1562784247
    Mother would approve.
    More likely he, his family and campaign has seen how JACK*SSES are quite willing to accuse a man of sexual abuse in situations he has no ability to defend himself. And he knows human nature and chooses not to put himself in a compromising situations. Jack*sses, who have no respect for relationships, especially marriage are angry and appalled.

Jack*sses however, are likely mocking and mad BECAUSE of what it says about THEM, not what it says about him. And they deal with it by mocking and demeaning HIM to absolve themselves of what and who THEY are.

demmiblue (21,184 posts)

1. He is getting excoriated on Twitter:

Jennifer Gunter @DrJenGunter

Just keep your dick in your pants and your hands to yourself and you can go anywhere with anyone.

That’s how easy it is buddy.

https://twitter.com/robertfoster4ms/status/1149067551714021378 …

Robert Foster @RobertFoster4MS

I refuse to change my moral stance on any issue because it’s not popular among the radical left. My wife and the State of Mississippi deserve a governor who doesn’t compromise their beliefs, and I’m sticking to my guns.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1149038088536186880
    2:52 PM - Jul 10, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    148 people are talking about this
    roxane gay
    @rgay

· 1h

Weird that you can’t control yourself around women. And you’re proud of that? Amazing.

https://twitter.com/robertfoster4ms/status/1148973127088726016 …

As I anticipated, the liberal left lost their minds over the fact I choose not to be alone with another woman. They can’t believe, that even in 2019, someone still values their relationship with their wife and upholds their Christian Faith. #msgov #mselex
    roxane gay
    @rgay

And the ARROGANCE of assuming this woman, just trying to do her job, would be attracted to him. Settle down, champ.

2:56 PM - Jul 10, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privac
    56 people are talking about this

Paige Williams
    @williams_paige

Wow. Mississippi GOP governor candidate refused to let a female reporter cover him because it wouldn't look right. Basically he Pence'd her.

https://mississippitoday.org/2019/07...of-her-gender/ … via @thisislarrison

5:28 PM - Jul 9, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Robert Foster, GOP governor candidate, denies woman reporter access because of her gender |...

A top campaign aide told reporter Larrison Campbell she needed to bring a male colleague to ride along with the candidate; Mississippi Today declined

mississippitoday.org
    191 people are talking about this

Ashton Pittman @ashtonpittman

· 19h

MS candidate for governor Robert Foster would not allow reporter @thisislarrison to do a journalistic ride-along with him unless she brought a male reporter with her. “The Billy Graham Rule,” which Mike Pence also follows, denise professional women the respect they deserve...

https://twitter.com/robertfoster4ms/status/1148791254513258496 …

Before our decision to run, my wife and I made a commitment to follow the “Billy Graham Rule”, which is to avoid any situation that may evoke suspicion or compromise of our marriage. I am sorry Ms. Campbell doesn’t share these views, but my decision was out of respect of my wife.

https://twitter.com/mstodaynews/stat...50965727801345
    See Charles P. Pierce's other Tweets

Caliman73 (4,651 posts)

2. He thinks that it is a sign of strength... What an idiot.

I see it as a sign that he has an inherently sexist view of women. He is basically saying that men and women cannot have any kind of non-sexual relationship. He is also saying, though he would deny it, that he cannot manage his sexual impulses. The idea that a woman cannot be unaccompanied when exposed to a man is not a sign of respect, it is a sign of contempt and sexism reducing the woman to a sexual object.
    No he's not. He's saying he will not put himself in a potentially compromising situation. There's NOTHING wrong with that.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

Given the flood of anti-Trump and anti-Republican false accusations, I think this action quite rational. As for reporterette, her profession fostered the current culture of false accusation, so welcome to the world she and her colleagues created!

Right now, any Republican who has anything to do with a media person should have multiple witnesses present and multiple cameras capturing video. Treat two-legged snakes like the snakes they are, and make public what they are doing and why.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

She's a lesbian so he has two counts of "bigotry" against him.
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Getting a taste of their own medicine

Caliman73 (4,651 posts)

2. He thinks that it is a sign of strength... What an idiot.
    The man is dedicated to his wife and I respect him for that. And after what you mutts tried to do to Justice Kavanaugh, he would be an idiot not to demand a chaperone.
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

The leftist idiots are acting like he feels too weak to be around a woman without being attracted to her.
    However, he expressed quite clearly that it was just because he's afraid that letting her get near him without a male colleague could lead to someone noticing an encounter between the two of them and taking it out of context to imply he's having an affair, with the liberal media of course running with it.

I think he needs a chaperone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think he needs a chaperone.
    Why? Do you know this man? If you don't, then you are slandering the guy.

I like the Mike Pence way of approaching these types of problems.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DemsAreDumb View Post
    I like the Mike Pence way of approaching these types of problems.
    Anymore, I agree. Although I'm not running for office, if I were I'd want every hot babe following me around. Only because I'm not married.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender