Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Why? Do you know this man? If you don't, then you are slandering the guy.
    Didn't he just slander her by saying she needs a chaperone? I'm just throwing it back on him.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Didn't he just slander her by saying she needs a chaperone? I'm just throwing it back on him.

No. He is making no comment on either this woman or himself. He is avoiding having to defend any rumors that leftists may wish to create in the absence of proof of his innocence.

Why is she feeling insulted? He is protecting both of their reputations in light of a hostile media. A chaperone is there for the benefit of both people. I do not allow myself to be alone with women other than my wife or my relatives. This isn't because I can't control myself or I suspect the women might do something nefarious. I do this so that the idle brained who may be watching from creating imaginary situations and then passing them on as fact.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 07-12-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

My day shift counterpart’s daughter was a contractor where I work. She would come into our shop about 5:30AM to see what her dad may have left in the fridge to eat. Dad doesn’t come in until 7AM, so she was in there alone with me and it made me a little uncomfortable. No cameras, no witnesses, nothing. Luckily it didn’t go on for very long.

Again, not because I would ever do anything, but a mere accusation could cook my goose, and I’m single!