Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Epstein Skated On Sex-Offender Check-Ins, But Checked In Often At Hollywood Parties 
    Epstein Skated On Sex-Offender Check-Ins, But Checked In Often At Hollywood Parties

As Mel Brooks once said, “It’s good to be king.” Every other Level 3 sex offender living in New York has to check in with the police every 90 days — unless, apparently, they have lots of money and powerful friends. Jeffrey Epstein has never once complied with New York state law, and the NYPD never did a thing about it, the New York Post reported last night:
    The Post reports that rank-and-file NYPD officers are “shocked” to learn this, and not in an ironic Captain Louis Renault sort of way. It’s tough to credit too much shock in this case, though, because it’s come up before. In March, the Washington Post followed up on Epstein’s sex-offender regimens in multiple jurisdictions and found that he wasn’t being watched anywhere. In New Mexico, he wasn’t required to report at all:
    As both reports make clear, that New York court ruling still stands, so it’s not at all clear why the NYPD has adopted Epstein’s losing argument that his Virgin Islands residence mooted the reporting requirements. According to the NY Post, the NYPD is pointing the finger at Cyrus Vance’s office, and Vance is pointing the finger right back at them:
    Even apart from that, this reeks of special treatment. How does an identified Level 3 sex offender get away with this kind of behavior, even after the Washington Post’s report exposed it? As noted above, it helps to have lots of influential friends in high places:

The billionaire, arrested July 6 for sex trafficking of minors, attended high-profile events like the ‘Batman v Superman’ premiere and frequented Oscar season parties even as the #MeToo movement took down other powerful figures.

On March 20, 2016, guests at Warner Bros.’ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice premiere in New York began whispering about one man mingling among the A-list crowd. No, it wasn’t the film’s Ben Affleck or Henry Cavill, or Affleck’s hulking bodyguard, who almost knocked over the studio’s former marketing head Sue Kroll as the VIP area became too crowded.

The surprised looks were aimed at Jeffrey Epstein, who was being introduced to guests by New York society doyenne Peggy Siegal. When a Warners executive was asked at the time how a highly recognizable level-three registered sex offender landed the hottest ticket in town, the executive offered no comment. …

Even in the post-#MeToo era, Epstein, 66, frequently attended industry events, like the Gotham Awards in November 2017. Amid a climate where figures including Harvey Weinstein and CBS’ Leslie Moonves had instantly become persona non grata for alleged misconduct, Epstein had been convicted and still enjoyed film-world access. ...
    1. Epstein was made a registered sex offender in the State of NY, didn't comply with the applicable laws, and ... neither NYPD nor the relevant DA did a damn thing about it.

2. Both Epstein and Polanski are convicted sex offenders, and the #MeToo'ers of Hollyweird have been slow and reluctant to speak out. Is it because Epstein and Polanski are the core of Hollyweird's "Us", behaviorally as well as socially?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

I have never understood the support for Polanski, other than I will concede that some of his movies are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I have never understood the support for Polanski, other than I will concede that some of his movies are really good.
    The only one I’ve seen is The Pianist and I thought it was a great film. I knew nothing about his pedophilia at the time.

Hollywood is full of pervs and wierdo's , what do you expect?
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Based on Polanski's claims/remarks in the years after he raped the girl at Jack Nicholson's house, he thinks he did nothing wrong. So do his apologists.
    #8 Thou Shall Not Lay The Burden of Proof Onto Him That Is Questioning The Claim.
    #11 Thou Shall Not Feed The Trolls.

Bail hearing today. He's willing to put up $77 million for home detention. If granted, even money says he'll never be seen again.
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    The only one I’ve seen is The Pianist and I thought it was a great film. I knew nothing about his pedophilia at the time.
    The Pianist was a great movie. Rosemary's Baby is a classic horror movie-it is terrifying without being gory. Tess is a good take on Hardy's novel Tess of The D'Ubervilles, which I had to read in AP English. Of course that one starred Natasia Kinski, who was his girlfriend and a teenager at the time. It was probably legal, as the movie was filmed in Europe and she was probably over the age of consent in whatever country it was filmed in. That still doesn't make it right.

But he drugged a 13 year old girl with Quaaludes and raped her. He's not fit for decent society.

I still wonder-what if the Manson family had not murdered Sharon Tate, his wife? Would he have ever committed such an act if she had not been killed? I'm not excusing his behavior, just wondering if evil spreads like that. Did he open up the evil by making a movie like Rosemary's Baby, which came out before the Manson murders? Or did the Nazis open it up in him during his childhood? Or did the Manson murders start it all for him?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The Pianist was a great movie. Rosemary's Baby is a classic horror movie-it is terrifying without being gory. Tess is a good take on Hardy's novel Tess of The D'Ubervilles, which I had to read in AP English. Of course that one starred Natasia Kinski, who was his girlfriend and a teenager at the time. It was probably legal, as the movie was filmed in Europe and she was probably over the age of consent in whatever country it was filmed in. That still doesn't make it right.

But he drugged a 13 year old girl with Quaaludes and raped her. He's not fit for decent society.

I still wonder-what if the Manson family had not murdered Sharon Tate, his wife? Would he have ever committed such an act if she had not been killed? I'm not excusing his behavior, just wondering if evil spreads like that. Did he open up the evil by making a movie like Rosemary's Baby, which came out before the Manson murders? Or did the Nazis open it up in him during his childhood? Or did the Manson murders start it all for him?
    I’m more than proud to tell you that I have no clue or idea. I like to have sex with consenting women who are closer to my age, and that want to have sex with me. It hasn’t been a truckload, but I think I’ve had my share over the years. I really can’t speak to his degenerate behavior, nor the cause of it.

Nice to see the NYT "reporting" what Hot Air blog called out 3 or 4 days ago!

Jeffrey Epstein Was a Sex Offender. The Powerful Welcomed Him Anyway

A strange thing happened when Jeffrey Epstein came back to New York City after being branded a sex offender: His reputation appeared to rise.

In 2010, the year after he got out of a Florida prison, Katie Couric and George Stephanopoulos dined at his Manhattan mansion with a British royal. The next year, Mr. Epstein was photographed at a “billionaire’s dinner” attended by tech titans like Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk. A page popped up on Harvard University’s website lauding his accomplishments, and superlative-filled news releases described his lofty ambitions as he dedicated $10 million to charitable causes.

Powerful female friends served as social guarantors: Peggy Siegal, a gatekeeper for A-list events, included him in movie screenings, and Dr. Eva Andersson-Dubin, a champion of women’s health, maintained a friendship that some felt gave him credibility. Mr. Epstein put up a website showing Stephen Hawking and other luminaries at a science gathering he had organized.

“If you looked up Jeffrey Epstein online in 2012, you would see what we all saw,” Leon Botstein, the president of Bard College, said in an interview. He seemed “like an ex-con who had done well on Wall Street,” who was close to the Clintons and gave money to academic pursuits, Dr. Botstein said. That was why, he noted, Bard accepted an unsolicited $50,000 in 2011 for its high schools, followed later that year and in 2012 by another $75,000 in donations.
    Though some institutions and prominent people, including Donald J. Trump, said they shunned him, Mr. Epstein’s tactics largely worked. Over the past week, as the scope of his alleged offenses, involving dozens of victims in the early 2000s, became clearer after a new indictment in New York, the story of Mr. Epstein and his social circles shows how some people were willing to welcome back — or at least give a pass to — a handsome rich man who had been convicted of a crime involving a minor.
    Putting it bluntly, the Lib/Prog elitists who called normal people racist, misogynist, and everything-else-evil-ist welcomed and lionized monster-perverts Roman Polanski, Harvey Weinstein, and Jeffrey Epstein. And wonder why so many normal people dismiss their "superior wisdom".
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech