1. #1 Yale Professor: People Lived Better in Soviet Union than Under Donald Trump 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    LINK

According to a report by*Campus Reform,* Yale Law School Professor Emily Jane O’Dell praised the quality of life in Soviet Russia in a tweet that was published this week.* O’Dell claims that she has spoken with many people who lived under the Soviet Union and that all of them argue that their quality of life was better than it is now.

“Every single person I have I [sic] asked in Central Asia (and Eastern Europe) over the past decade and a half has said life was better under the Soviets — 100 percent,” O’Dell tweeted. The professor, who claims expertise in Islamic law, deactivated her Twitter account this week.

Dell also claimed that an Ivy League professor told her that “coming to America was the greatest mistake of her life.”
    Well, the door is open for you to leave, you ungrateful bitch.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

There’s enough time to correct your mistake of coming to the USA. Leave! And please make it as expedient as possible. Believe me, you will not be missed for a nanosecond.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    LINK

Well, the door is open for you to leave, you ungrateful bitch.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Dell also claimed that an Ivy League professor told her that “coming to America was the greatest mistake of her life.”
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

From my understanding, life in the USSR near the end of it was a lot like it was portrayed in the book/movie Gorky Park, one of the best murder mystery movies of the 80s.

That female needs to spend time in Ukraine with survivors and the offspring of survivors of the Holodomor (learning what that word means would be a reasonable start). From there she could travel to Kazakhstan and spend some time chatting with former zeks exiled there after surviving the Gulags, or their offspring.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    That female needs to spend time in Ukraine with survivors and the offspring of survivors of the Holodomor (learning what that word means would be a reasonable start). From there she could travel to Kazakhstan and spend some time chatting with former zeks exiled there after surviving the Gulags, or their offspring.
    I had to look that up, I had not heard of it. I had read in a history book in high school that there was a famine in the 30s, part of the world-wide depression and as a factor building up to WWII. But not about the Soviet leadership/Stalin's deliberate manipulation of it to kill so many Ukrainians.

I have a feeling the tens of millions of Christians living in the Soviet Union who were persecuted, imprisoned, tortured and in some cases executed for refusing to deny Jesus and convert to atheism would dispute that.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I had to look that up, I had not heard of it. I had read in a history book in high school that there was a famine in the 30s, part of the world-wide depression and as a factor building up to WWII. But not about the Soviet leadership/Stalin's deliberate manipulation of it to kill so many Ukrainians.
    noonie, you're a normal person. A university professor should be better educated than you or I (not sure I can claim to be normal ...). I just happened to learn of that government-caused famine in the course of reading [u]The Gulag Archipelago[/i]. Though I don't know how, my Grandmother lost her brothers to Stalin - they were German, sons of a land-owning farmer, and served in the Russian Army unit that provided the body guard for the Czar. They ceased communicating in the late 20s. IOW I have a family tie to that era.

As a further example of this female's ignorance (or lying), she claims to have spoken to Muslims from Central Asian nation that had been part of the USSR. Among the many things for which Stalin was notorious was his maltreatment of Central Asian minorities, who were mostly Muslim. The rebellion and terrorism of the Chechens have many roots in Stalin's atrocities. This, also, is documented in [u]The Gulag Archipelago[/i] (it's ~2700 pages in paperback, so it covers a lot of ground).
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    noonie, you're a normal person. A university professor should be better educated than you or I (not sure I can claim to be normal ...). I just happened to learn of that government-caused famine in the course of reading [u]The Gulag Archipelago[/i]. Though I don't know how, my Grandmother lost her brothers to Stalin - they were German, sons of a land-owning farmer, and served in the Russian Army unit that provided the body guard for the Czar. They ceased communicating in the late 20s. IOW I have a family tie to that era.

As a further example of this female's ignorance (or lying), she claims to have spoken to Muslims from Central Asian nation that had been part of the USSR. Among the many things for which Stalin was notorious was his maltreatment of Central Asian minorities, who were mostly Muslim. The rebellion and terrorism of the Chechens have many roots in Stalin's atrocities. This, also, is documented in [u]The Gulag Archipelago[/i] (it's ~2700 pages in paperback, so it covers a lot of ground).

I read a different Solzenytien (I know I spelled that wrong) book in college, I read Cancer Ward. It's probably more literary-all the characters and their respective cancers represent something different about live in the USSR. The party loyalist has cancer of the throat, the young teen couple have cancer of their reproductive organs, the doctor who has worked her whole life for the USSR has cancer brought on by radiation from treating her patients without any safety for the medical people, etc. I had a radical feminist prof for that class, and she pointed to how badly women were treated in the USSR.