Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Labor Secretary Acosta is out 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

He claimed he believed it was the best he could get. The legal beagles on Power Line blog have been on this case for a year or more, and they pointed out that while that might be argued if the situation really were between this weak plea bargain or nothing, in reality he could have let the FBI continue investigating, which was likely to result in more witnesses and evidence emerging. Besides the weak sentence, there is a provision in the plea deal that may preclude the current prosecution attempt. There will be court arguments on this point, and it could go either way and possibly to the USSC. On balance, I think Acosta demonstrated very poor judgment at best.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

The President just asked Acosta if he was Democrat. The helicopter-noise muffled Acosta's answer.

All of a sudden, everybody cares what the State Of Florida's AG-Office was doing in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    The President just asked Acosta if he was Democrat. The helicopter-noise muffled Acosta's answer.

All of a sudden, everybody cares what the State Of Florida's AG-Office was doing in 2006.
    Acosta claimed that FL law and authorities were not taking the Epstein case seriously and might even have dropped it. It's a valid question, and I think some FL authorities responded in contradiction. IOW, a valid question which may have reasonable responses.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Here's this morning press conference of the President and Acosta. Coverage starts at 24:40 into the youtube video. I highly recommend it in it's entirety.

The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Here's this morning press conference of the President and Acosta. Coverage starts at 24:40 into the youtube video. I highly recommend it in it's entirety.

Lot's of topics covered, I love the way he ripped into Paul Ryan, he doesn't hold back. Lectured AOC on how she should respect Nancy Pelosi; that's sure to set all factions of the left hair on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post

Exactly. Most of those screaming were in some seat of power when this happened, and they didn't care. Now the event can be spun to what they believe is their favor, and it's important. Politics and power and party over principle and people, as usual.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Once again the left gets what they want. And conservatives sit idly by and let it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Once again the left gets what they want. And conservatives sit idly by and let it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Usually these high level "resignations" are an alias for "you're fired". This one, I'm not sure. Not everyone can withstand vicious criticism. This may have been a real resignation. By and large the Republican Party is a bunch of frightened schoolgirls ... worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And if nothing happens with Epstein, (if the SDNY figures-out they can't get Trump) the case is assigned a low priority and essentially vanishes back into obscurity where it's been...

And Acosta would've resigned for nothing.