1. #1 Prosecutors unlikely to charge Trump Org executives, sources say (SDNY getting Barred 
    link

Celerity (3,702 posts)

Prosecutors unlikely to charge Trump Org executives, sources say (SDNY getting Barred)

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/12/p...ors/index.html
    (CNN)A federal investigation into whether Trump Organization executives violated campaign-finance laws appears to be wrapping up without charges being filed, according to people familiar with the matter.

For months, federal prosecutors in New York have examined whether company officials broke the law, including in their effort to reimburse Michael Cohen for hush-money payments he made to women alleging affairs with his former boss, President Donald Trump.
    In recent weeks, however, their investigation has quieted, the people familiar with the inquiry said, and prosecutors now don't appear poised to charge any Trump Organization executives in the probe that stemmed from the case against Cohen.

A spokesman for the Manhattan US Attorney's office declined to comment. An attorney for the Trump Organization declined to comment. In January, one month after Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison, prosecutors requested interviews with executives at the company, CNN reported. But prosecutors never followed up on their initial request, people familiar with the matter said, and the interviews never took place.

Meanwhile, there has been no contact between the Manhattan US Attorney's office and officials at the Trump Organization in more than five months, one person familiar with the matter said. There is no indication that the case has been formally closed, and former federal prosecutors cautioned that it is always possible that new information could revive the inquiry. The Manhattan US Attorney's office continues to have at least one other ongoing Trump-connected investigation, a probe concerning the President's inaugural committee.

snip
    the fix is in, ffs

Renato Mariotti
    @renato_mariotti

Federal prosecutors requested interviews with Trump Organization executives over five months ago but havenít followed up, according to @CNN.

Attorney General Barr was confirmed five months ago. https://twitter.com/mimirocah1/status/1149812010928021505 Ö

Mimi Rocah @Mimirocah1

This is odd if correct: "In January, one month after Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison, prosecutors requested interviews with executives at the company, CNN reported. But prosecutors never followed up on their initial request, people familiar with the matter said, and

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1149802048633942021 Ö

6:08 PM - Jul 12, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privac
    3,119 people are talking about this

If there's no evidence of campaign finance law violations then there is no reason to interview anyone.

Jack*sses though have already convicted Trump of anything and everything with no evidence so they continue to live in their own reality divorced from truth.

The "fix" is that corrupt liberals are finding it harder to lie about and set up President Trump with Barr in place. Hillary was so out and out corrupt and they protected her. I think the DUmmies including the Dem pols thought that they had it in the bag. They could lie about President Trump and get him out.

TheBlackAdder (13,065 posts)
    1. Steal a candy bar, go to jail, moneylaunder for hostile foreign country oligarchs--move along now.
    Where's the proof? Right. There isn't any.

Celerity (3,702 posts)

3. this may take out Pelosi's rationale for saying she would rather see him go to jail

Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if Barr pulls strings and somehow Epstein (IF he is going to squeal on Rump) walks. It sounds absurd, but after 2 and a half years of Rump, anything is possible in terms of depravity and ever-deepening evil. I see NO bottom.
    Cosmocat (12,011 posts)

6. Its all based on winning in 2020

If we can win at The Ballot Box and actually get the piece of s*** out of office, the Democratic president can reset by putting actual professionals into these offices who can get these investigations and prosecution's going the way they should.

It best if they could impeach him which they can't, it would taste get him out of office. He wouldn't get prosecuted anyways with a Republican president.

I get why people want impeachment, if there's such a thing this clown needs to have it done to him. But again he's not getting impeached, at the very least send it isn't going to find him guilty.

It's all hands on deck for 2020, again to give us a chance that we can actually get him out of there, to give us one last shot it getting our democracy back.
    Right. What's a 'little corruption' if it moves "investigations" in the right way...ie. so that dems get what they want, the ends justify the means...

Celerity (3,702 posts)

7. lets say Biden wins POTUS, but we dont take back the Senate, so McTurtle just refuses to

confirm ANY nominees, inducing AG.

What can happen then? Can Biden just appoint them via Executive Order on a temp basis?
    Awwwwwww. Dems aren't going to like it, but ANYTHING is OK when one is "resisting" an illegitimate President Biden, Warren, Harris, etc. We learned that from the Democrats.

watoos (6,708 posts) 9. Yes, and meanwhile, McConnell

and his Senate cronies refuse to confirm judges, including SC justices.

Democrats best option is impeaching Trump and Barr.
    Ilsa (52,078 posts)

14. Can anything be done to impeach or remove McConnell from

Leadership for not doing his job for four years during a Dem's term?
    3Hotdogs (2,593 posts)

34. Only the Senate Repukes can remove him from leadership.
    Celerity (3,702 posts)

16. so we at least will have a Cabinet?

I am well aware about SCOTUS.

I am 23yo, and I doubt I see a Rethug Senate confirm a Dem SCOTUS nominee until I am in my 40's, if then. Well, IF we nominate a RWNJ picked by the Federalist Society, then yes.
    watoos (6,708 posts)

36. Nope, the Senate needs to approve the cabinet nominees.

Celerity (3,702 posts)

37. so he cannot even do a recess appointment?

If not, shit is going to get BAD

like breakdown bad
    They should have thought about that BEFORE adopting a full out "resistance" plan which included opposing President Trump on everything, suing him and his staff for EVERYTHING, and harassing him. They were so arrogant that they were sure they were going to be able to get rid of him and install someone they could control that they had no regard for consequences of their behavior.

Hermit-The-Prog (7,070 posts)

2. if there are no consequences, there are no laws
    Consequences for what? There were no laws broken.

Laura PourMeADrink (27,510 posts)

10. This is HUGE and horribly scary. We are in one of those old movies

where the southern crooked mayor owns the sheriff and the judge. Where's our Cousin Vinny?
    watoos (6,708 posts)

13. Barr may be a bigger threat to our democracy than Pedo45.
    Laura PourMeADrink (27,510 posts)

18. Yes!!! What I wonder about is aren't there any whistle blowers

In the DOJ? In the Republican party? I can't believe that every single republican is rotten and corrupt to the core. Forgetting politics and conservative legislation for a moment. Maybe that's an approach? To build some kind of coalition of these people - the ones who still believe in the rule of law? BTW, where's Jeff Sessions? No interviews? What about all the people who have left? The half decent ones? Is Anonymous still there?

NO crime, NO "whistle blowers".
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Hermit-The-Prog (7,070 posts)

2. if there are no consequences, there are no laws
    You libs seem to have no problem flouting immigration laws.

As to President Trump, name a crime, just one, and give me your actual evidence. Unhinged hatred and spite over an election loss aren't evidence.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    The worm is turning now and all the coup and other crap is at the surface for the entire world to see, this was just an attempt to take Trump down and even idiots in New York see there is very little future for them if they continue to break laws and target people, their careers are going to suffer, not Trump. An exclamation point is to win again in 20/20 and give all of them a middle finger.

Schadenboner season is starting very early.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech