1. #1 Mississippi Politician Refuses To Be Alone With Women Not His Wife. Why That's Smart 
    WALSH: A Mississippi Politician Refuses To Be Alone With Women Who Aren't His Wife. Here Is Why That's Smart.

Robert Foster, a gubernatorial candidate in Mississippi, has faced some backlash in recent days after he refused a one-on-one meeting with a female reporter. Foster says he and his wife have long agreed to a system sometimes known as the "Billy Graham rule," or more recently as the "Mike Pence rule" whereby neither of them will be alone with a member of the opposite sex. This sensible precaution has, of course, been met with outrage first and foremost from the female reporter who claims that Foster's respect for his wife makes her, the reporter, feel like a "sexual object."

There is a lot of upside and, as far as I can tell, no discernible downside to a policy like the one the Fosters have adopted. It does, in part, guard the integrity of their marriage by guarding the hearts of both spouses. Most adults understand that extramarital trysts usually begin with seemingly innocent interactions. An emotional threshold is crossed at some point, often unnoticed by one or both people, and things can go rapidly downhill from there. The point behind avoiding one-on-one meetings with members of the opposite sex is to avoid getting anywhere near that threshold. Better safe than sorry, after all.

The "better safe than sorry" principle applies in more than one way. There is another risk inherent in a closed-door rendezvous between a man and woman who aren't married, especially when one of them is a political figure. Feminists tell us that false accusations don't happen, but they do, and it will be harder to defend oneself against those false accusations if there are no witnesses. The latest accusation against President Trump proves this point.

A former staffer for the Trump campaign, Alva Johnson, filed a lawsuit a few months ago alleging that she was the victim of "battery" when Trump "forcibly kissed" her without consent. In a teary-eyed interview with MSNBC in February, Johnson recounted being grabbed by the hands and kissed on the corner of the mouth. She says she turned away desperately, which is the only thing that saved her from a full mouth-to-mouth kiss. Using words like "terrified," "scared," and "distraught," she claimed that even months after the alleged assault, she was still "crying her eyes out" and traumatized from the experience. If this kiss had taken place privately, all we'd have is her word on the subject a word that, we are told, must be automatically believed. Fortunately, though, it was not private.

This week, Trump's lawyers released footage of what Johnson describes as "battery." It does not show anything like the dramatic scene that she recounted. Instead, we see Trump lean in to give Johnson a brief peck on the cheek. His lips do not make contact with her mouth nor does she lean away or in any way express any discomfort with the interaction at all. ...
    This recent false accusation against Trump illustrates the value of not being alone with a woman other than Melania. There were witnesses as what what actually happened, (at least) one of who captured video. The path to a dismissal or summary judgment should be straight and short.

Further, most (the vast majority?) MSM people are partisan. They have demonstrated that they cannot be trusted not to lie for partisan ends. Robert Foster was wise in requesting that another person be present during the proposed interview.

One thing new to me in this story - not a surprise, I just had not heard it previously - is that their "Billy Graham Rule" agreement is mutual. Robert Foster's wife has made the same promise to him.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

I literally would hire James O'Keefe-types on my campaign, to sting reporters at nite-clubs, or whatever wherever.

We see how sensitive and clueless reporters are. Let's see how they handle a 'sudden' career-threatening scandal from out of nowhere.

Uh oh, here is a man with character and morals, lets make a fool out of him.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    WALSH: A Mississippi Politician Refuses To Be Alone With Women Who Aren't His Wife. Here Is Why That's Smart.

This recent false accusation against Trump illustrates the value of not being alone with a woman other than Melania. There were witnesses as what what actually happened, (at least) one of who captured video. The path to a dismissal or summary judgment should be straight and short.

Further, most (the vast majority?) MSM people are partisan. They have demonstrated that they cannot be trusted not to lie for partisan ends. Robert Foster was wise in requesting that another person be present during the proposed interview.

One thing new to me in this story - not a surprise, I just had not heard it previously - is that their "Billy Graham Rule" agreement is mutual. Robert Foster's wife has made the same promise to him.
    Absolutely correct

:
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys