Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He's the first black President, there are going to be statues of him. There are going to be schools named after him. Get over it.
    For my part, this statue is part of a display of statues of all US Presidents, and therefore should be in the display. Naming schools after Obama is no stranger to me than San Jose's Herbert Hoover Middle School.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

He's the first (half) black President, there are going to be statues of him. There are going to be schools named after him. Get over it.
    fixed for accuracy
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    fixed for accuracy
    Other than recent immigrants from Africa, I doubt a lot of blacks in the US have African-only ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Other than recent immigrants from Africa, I doubt a lot of blacks in the US have African-only ancestry.
    Damn over-sexed white slave owners. More reparations.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Damn over-sexed white slave owners. More reparations.
    I was not suggesting that specifically and only, but it was part of the much larger and complex picture. A shrinking part, for obvious reasons.

He's the first black President, there are going to be statues of him. There are going to be schools named after him. Get over it.
    Um, no. #1, he's only half black and based on who actually raised him, he's more white than black. He, just like all the others like him, are black by convenience. #2, the left likes to use terms like 'cultists' when describing Trump supporters but never say the same thing about Obama supporters even though there are magazine covers depicting Obama as either the 2nd coming or a messiah, kids were forced to sing songs about him in school, and a singer changed the words of The Lord's Prayer to be a prayer to Obama.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

But Obama is literally half black(his father is Kenyan) and half white. There is no ambiguity and I would venture a guess that Barack Obama Sr. doesn't have any mulatto in his lineage.

For my part, this statue is part of a display of statues of all US Presidents, and therefore should be in the display. Naming schools after Obama is no stranger to me than San Jose's Herbert Hoover Middle School.
    In reality, with the exception of schools named after the Founders, how many presidents have had schools named after them outside of their home states?

You beat me to it. I couldn’t care less about Obama’s skin color, but it all felt rather cultish to me. Identity politics over any substance, and the media was up their eyebrows in it. Most of them never returned from that eight year long Obama LSD trip to this very day.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Um, no. #1, he's only half black and based on who actually raised him, he's more white than black. He, just like all the others like him, are black by convenience. #2, the left likes to use terms like 'cultists' when describing Trump supporters but never say the same thing about Obama supporters even though there are magazine covers depicting Obama as either the 2nd coming or a messiah, kids were forced to sing songs about him in school, and a singer changed the words of The Lord's Prayer to be a prayer to Obama.
    totally agree. I have never seen any news stories of videos of Trump supporters worshiping him like a god or savior

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM