Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    My church does outreach with a group in Nepal that keeps girls from being brought across the border and sold into prostitution in India. They get recruited by a woman, usually, who poses as their aunt when they cross the border. The "aunt" convinces the girls' families that they will be getting jobs as housekeepers or as in-home child care providers and the parents let them go, because they are poor and think that the opportunities are better in India.

I would guess that the tactics that traffickers use are the same on this continent as they are in Asia. It's the same scumbags, just in a different location.
    Wait! Does Whoopi Goldberg know what your church does? She says Evangelicals don't care about sex-trafficking. Prying my tongue from my cheek, supporting ministries to rescue trafficking children and women has been common among Evangelical churches for many years, probably a couple of decades or more. And missions organizations like Youth With A Mission that are umbrellas for entrepreneurial ministries usually support some ministries that rescue trafficked children and women, supporting YWAM as an organization (Samaritan's Purse is another such organization) supports, indirectly, the anti-trafficking ministries.

Back on-topic, I concur. The adults who claim unrelated kids are their own children should be treated as kidnappers and human traffickers. Shut down that dodge and backtrack evidence to the traffickers who organize it.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Wait! Does Whoopi Goldberg know what your church does? She says Evangelicals don't care about sex-trafficking. Prying my tongue from my cheek, supporting ministries to rescue trafficking children and women has been common among Evangelical churches for many years, probably a couple of decades or more. And missions organizations like Youth With A Mission that are umbrellas for entrepreneurial ministries usually support some ministries that rescue trafficked children and women, supporting YWAM as an organization (Samaritan's Purse is another such organization) supports, indirectly, the anti-trafficking ministries.

Back on-topic, I concur. The adults who claim unrelated kids are their own children should be treated as kidnappers and human traffickers. Shut down that dodge and backtrack evidence to the traffickers who organize it.
    Whoopi has changed since the 90s, when she was involved with Oprah and Alice Walker in the anti-female genital mutilation efforts in Africa. Now, the churches have pretty much taken that one over, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post

This kidnapping/human trafficking/child exploitation problem should be considered a humanitarian crisis that is caused in large part by our flawed policies on the border, specifically in regards to "asylum seekers" and how they are taking advantage of our bad policies. President Trump should use this as a reason to issue an executive order to seal the borders from anyone seeking asylum until congress addresses the weakness in our system and fixes it to discourage any further incidents of child exploitation.
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM