Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Rapid DNA testing reveals a THIRD of migrants faked family relationship with children 
    Rapid DNA testing reveals a THIRD of migrants faked family relationship with children to claim asylum during ICE pilot of the procedure in Texas

An Immigration and Customs Enforcement pilot of new rapid DNA testing at the border has found that nearly a third of those tested were not biologically related to the children in their custody.

ICE conducted the pilot for a few days earlier this month in El Paso and McAllen, Texas, finding about 30 per cent of those tested were not related to the children they claimed were their own, an official told the Washington Examiner.

The official said that these were not cases of step-fathers or adoptive parents.

'Those were not the case. In these cases, they are misrepresented as family members,' the official said.
    Activists will try to shut this down, because facts are Reich-Wing (in DU palance).
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Banned
    From the link in the OP;
    It is unclear whether every family unit was tested during the pilot, or only those who raised some sort of red flag. An ICE spokesman did not immediately respond to request for comment.
    It will be interesting to find out more about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambone View Post
    From the link in the OP;

It will be interesting to find out more about this.
    Did you have any solutions to offer, or are you just enjoying the illegal gang rush of our nation?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Did you have any solutions to offer, or are you just enjoying the illegal gang rush of our nation?
    I was commenting on the fact that the Daily Mail tends to rush a story into print without a good fact check.

My solution is to deport all illegal aliens as soon as they are found, properly enforce the laws against employing them, and penalize those who seek to shelter them.

What makes you think I approve of any illegal entry into our country?

Most likely results of more extensive testing is going to raise that percentage. And evidence suggests the children are being recycled.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

My shocked face is getting a workout:

Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Most likely results of more extensive testing is going to raise that percentage. And evidence suggests the children are being recycled.
    I don't know the details of how a person is selected for testing or what is considered to be a red flag. But if the border patrol are good at selecting potential fraudsters, then more extensive testing might lower the percentage of "families" who are fake.

I have some sympathy for young children who are forced to accompany their families to the USA. Kids who are found to not be related to the adults who bring them across the border should be treated as kidnap victims and the adults as kidnappers and child traffickers.

I don't know why they aren't finger printed and photographed, that seems like it would stop this.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Banned
    This article says children 14 and under are not fingerprinted. This should change.
    https://cis.org/Arthur/Fake-Family-Units-Border

Quote Originally Posted by Lambone View Post
    I don't know the details of how a person is selected for testing or what is considered to be a red flag. But if the border patrol are good at selecting potential fraudsters, then more extensive testing might lower the percentage of "families" who are fake.

I have some sympathy for young children who are forced to accompany their families to the USA. Kids who are found to not be related to the adults who bring them across the border should be treated as kidnap victims and the adults as kidnappers and child traffickers.

I agree.

My church does outreach with a group in Nepal that keeps girls from being brought across the border and sold into prostitution in India. They get recruited by a woman, usually, who poses as their aunt when they cross the border. The "aunt" convinces the girls' families that they will be getting jobs as housekeepers or as in-home child care providers and the parents let them go, because they are poor and think that the opportunities are better in India.

I would guess that the tactics that traffickers use are the same on this continent as they are in Asia. It's the same scumbags, just in a different location.