1. #1 New documents revisit questions about Rep. Ilhan Omar's marriage history 
    After several years of avoiding the subject — on Tuesday the Minneapolis Star-Tribune published a report on Ilhan Omar, her tax fraud crimes, her illegal use of campaign funds to cover travel costs and touched on her alleged marriage to her younger brother.

A state probe of campaign finance violations showed that Rep. Ilhan Omar filed federal taxes in 2014 and 2015 with her current husband, Ahmed Hirsi, while legally married to but separated from Ahmed Nur Said Elmi.

New investigative documents released by a state agency have given fresh life to lingering questions about the marital history of Rep. Ilhan Omar and whether she once married a man — possibly her own brother — to skirt immigration laws.

Omar has denied the allegations in the past, dismissing them as “baseless rumors” first raised in an online Somali politics forum and championed by conservative bloggers during her 2016 campaign for the Minnesota House. But she said little then or since about Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, the former husband who swept into her life in 2009 before a 2011 separation.

The questions surfaced again this month in a state probe of campaign finance violations showing that Omar filed federal taxes in 2014 and 2015 with her current husband, Ahmed Hirsi, while she was still legally married to but separated from Elmi.

Although she has legally corrected the discrepancy, she has declined to say anything about how or why it happened.

The new documents also detail the Omar campaign’s efforts to keep the story of her marriage to Elmi out of the press, arguing that detailed coverage would legitimize the accusations and invade her privacy.
    http://www.startribune.com/new-docum...age/511681362/
    "When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead."

"It is difficult only for the others."

"It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous ~

Power Line blog has been all over these related stories for over 3 years. The STrib has been spiking the story until finally forced to cover it by the revelations that Omar filed jointly with one man while still married to another.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to counter these claims by saying that it is customary in her culture to be married to one man while filing jointly with another man.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if she tries to counter these claims by saying that it is customary in her culture to be married to one man while filing jointly with another man.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Marriage is a weird arrangement in the Muslim world. I'm not defending it, but in Western culture it is a much more clean-cut legal arrangement outside of the religious aspects. Even including gay marriage, these days.

She corrected the error.

omar is a fraud, There was a piece on the news about her and it showed photos of her without her head gear, she is wearing it like a protective shield, to act pious and prevent anyone form challenging her so she can hide behind her religion.
    she has forgotten where she came from and how good America has been to her.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Personally don't care about this bizarre business. She deserves to be defeated in the arena of ideas alone.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Ilhan Omar Happened Because Media Chose to Lie to You

Three years ago, most American newsrooms picked Ilhan Omar -- despite her crawling Jew-hatred and evidence of an extensive criminal past -- to be the transcendent face America needed to fight bigotry and federal corruption. Reporters apparently chose to lie about Omar to help birth a more trusting country.

Perfectly irrational idiocy. Legacy newsmedia, decayed, perhaps brought itself final ruin by getting exactly what it wanted.

The first Somali-born woman and the first female Muslim to be elected to a U.S. statehouse, Ilhan Omar defeated 44-year incumbent Phyllis Kahn in the Democrat-Farmer-Labor primary for Minnesota House District 60B in 2016. A former child refugee from civil war, Omar was perceived as a best-case image for shepherding progressive causes against President Trump. Ilhan Omar’s individual character, however, was openly trending towards worst-case.

She had written anti-Semitic statements indistinguishable from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion. She had disturbing associations with Islamic terror-tied groups. Sources within the Minneapolis Somali community presented evidence, including a video, of the “East Africa Team” members of Ilhan Omar’s campaign openly threatening local Somalis who may have released negative information about her.

Then came the harder evidence of corruption: Publicly available state records, viewed along with her own confirmed, time-stamped social media posts, suggested a breathtaking spree of state and federal felonies.
    Reporters Preya Samsundar of AlphaNewsMN, Scott Johnson of Powerline, myself, and virtually no one else attempted to sway the most influential media decision on Omar: that of Minnesota’s largest outlet, the Star Tribune. In addition to our many published articles, the Star Tribune received calls and emails from us offering to privately share additional leads we had gathered.

Virtually nothing came of it.

In the first hours after Omar was elected to Congress in November 2018, the media -- literally, the media in its entirety -- made a similar choice:

On June 6, 2019, the Minnesota Campaign Finance and Public Disclosure Board released the results of a several-months investigation of Omar. (The investigation had been opened primarily through the efforts of Minn. State Rep. Steve Drazkowski (R-21B). Few other elected officials dared even to speak on record about Ilhan’s apparent finance violations.) The Board’s findings included a presumably career-ending admission for Omar: For at least two years, 2014 and 2015, she jointly filed her income taxes with a man who was not her husband.

There is no box to check for “unmarried filing jointly.” Joint filers are either legally married or potential tax felons. Further, Ilhan Omar was legally married to another man at that time -- and was in fact married to that second man from 2009-2017.

What phenomenal headline material!

Which the Star Tribune did not use. In fact, the paper chose to not even report that the likely tax fraud shock was in the Board’s findings. But the paper did include a quote from Omar -- “I’m glad this process is complete” -- and left it unchallenged.

Quickly shamed on social media, Star Tribune published a do-over the following day which did include the joint-filing discovery.

Two weeks later, on June 22, the Star Tribune finally -- after three years of prodding -- mentioned the disturbing, overwhelming fact pattern pointing to Ilhan Omar having been on an eight-year felony spree.
    The sad thing is that I doubt Omar's apparent frauds, even in established as fact via court verdicts, would matter in Omar's district.

If convicted of some of these crimes. Omar could be de-naturalized and deported. Not that I think MN's government would prosecute her ... or that the Feds would have the courage to prosecute her ...
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead."

"It is difficult only for the others."

"It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous ~

Omar happened because he district is pretty much Little Mogadishu. Speaking of which, how in the blue hell did Somalis end up in one of the coldest states in the union?
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.