1. #1 Kamala Harris and her White Husband live in Brentwood (84% white; 1.2% black) 
    Power CUer
    What is her problem with diversity? Why doesn't she live in South Central LA?

Kamala Harris Lives in One of the Most Segregated Neighborhoods in Los Angeles
    Busing is for other people.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/274...iel-greenfield

Senator Kamala Harris, who lives with her white husband in one of the most segregated neighborhoods in Los Angeles, has come out with a call for busing children to distant schools to fight “segregation”.

...Kamala’s $4.8 million Brentwood home is located in a neighborhood that is 84% white and 1.2% black in Los Angeles, a city that is nearly 10% black.

Senator Harris has come out for busing children to schools that aren’t sufficiently diverse. What about busing some folks from South Central to Brentwood to live across the street from her home?

“There was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools, and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me,” Senator Kamala Harris whined.

...The truth is that little girl, the privileged daughter of wealthy foreign grad students, wasn’t bused.

She was flown around the world.

That’s not a “right-wing conspiracy theory”, as the media now describes any account fact-checking Kamala Harris’ imaginary past, it’s right there in the words of her own mother who couldn’t stop bragging about the wealth and power that was Kamala’s birthright by way of family and connections.

“When Kamala was in first grade one of her teachers said to me, ‘You know, your child has a great imagination. Every time we talk about someplace in the world she says, ‘Oh, I’ve been there.’ So I told her, ‘Well, she has been there!’”

“India, England, the Caribbean, Africa—she had been there," Kamala's mother told Modern Luxury magazine.

....Kamala’s insistence that without busing she wouldn’t have become a lawyer or a senator takes place in an exciting fantasy world in which her wealthy, famous and powerful parents never existed. In the real world, her Brahmin mother, an internationally famous cancer researcher, sending her "Montreal’s tony Westmount" high school probably had a lot more to do with her becoming a lawyer...

Do as I say, not as I do? These people are all elitist frauds. Every last one of them.

Middle class black Americans fled the inner-cities in the last couple of decades. I'm guessing the slightly higher than middle class black Americans don't live in the more integrated suburbs, they live where the schools are good and they have a big yard for their kids to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Middle class black Americans fled the inner-cities in the last couple of decades. I'm guessing the slightly higher than middle class black Americans don't live in the more integrated suburbs, they live where the schools are good and they have a big yard for their kids to play in.
    I don't understand your second statement. I think slightly higher than middle class blacks must live in integrated suburbs where the schools are good and they have a big yard for their kids to play.

If middle class black Americans fled the inner-cities why are so many states pushing for low income housing in suburbs. Obviously the "Great Society" has been a monumental failure.

Most of the people who push for that live in gated communities that 90% of all americans couldn't afford. As an example, the Hollywood illiterati.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    I don't understand your second statement. I think slightly higher than middle class blacks must live in integrated suburbs where the schools are good and they have a big yard for their kids to play.

If middle class black Americans fled the inner-cities why are so many states pushing for low income housing in suburbs. Obviously the "Great Society" has been a monumental failure.

Most of the people who push for that live in gated communities that 90% of all americans couldn't afford. As an example, the Hollywood illiterati.
    I live in metro Detroit. There are middle class suburbs, like most of Macomb County and southern Oakland County. Southfield, Warren, Royal Oak, Roseville, Madison Hts., Clinton TWP, the larger suburbs in those counties are pretty integrated. Warren, where I live, was not so integrated in the 90s, but it has changed. Then there are upper middle class suburbs like Grosse Pointe (not GP Shores, that is an extremely wealthy area, but beautiful to drive through), West Bloomfield, Birmingham, that have some black families, but not really that many. I'm thinking that's the kind of area Harris grew up in-Berkeley is kind of like Ann Arbor, which is upper-middle class with a couple of neighborhoods of extremely wealthy people. Lots of people who work at the university or are doctors at the university's hospitals live there. The residents who pay property taxes (not the students) have family incomes in the mid to high 6 digits in today's economy and were probably in the low 6 digits when Kamala was a teen.

My late aunt was one of those people who could never afford to buy a house in a good part of metro Detroit, so she would rent in the poorest neighborhood in places like Royal Oak so that her kids got a good education.

I think her school story is falling apart as well. She speaks of busing as if she lived in a poor black neighborhood which, if I heard correctly, she lived in a middle class integrated neighborhood.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.