Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Manholes’ Are Now ‘Maintenance Holes’: 
    Berkeley, California is going full Berkeley and removing all “gendered” language from its city code in order to be more “inclusive.”

NBC News reported that on Tuesday, the city council adopted a first reading of a new ordinance which removes “gender preference language” from Berkeley’s municipal code. NBC also reported that city council member Rigel Robinson, the youngest member of the council, orchestrated the new ordinance.

“It is Berkeley being Berkeley, and what that means is it’s Berkeley being inclusive,” Robinson told the outlet’s bay-area affiliate. "A male-centric municipal code doesn’t reflect the reality of the city of Berkeley."

The full list of changed words is reminiscent of the decades-old move to change words that typically end in “-man” to ending with “-person,” such as “salesperson” instead of “salesman.” But the Berkeley list goes further, changing words in a way that would make a Gender Studies professor proud.
    At least he word a$$hole isn't male-centric and ceratinly would apply to all of the city council members.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/49628...aign=dwtwitter
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

They also just passed an ordinance prohibiting the installation of natural gas in new construction.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    They also just passed an ordinance prohibiting the installation of natural gas in new construction.
    Typical and delusional. This would require housing to be 100% electrical.

I guess they all think windmills and solar panels will generate the needed amount.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Everytime I see stuff like this, my thought is wow, this city, state, county, school, ect, had reached a state of utopia where votes like this are all they have left to work on.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Banning the term manholes, but obviously they still allow numbskull assholes in Berkeley.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

So language will be morphed into constantly walking on eggshells in the name of political correctness? Oh, shit! I said eggshells and they’re white so I must be racist!

This whole world is going batshit crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    So language will be morphed into constantly walking on eggshells in the name of political correctness? Oh, shit! I said eggshells and they’re white so I must be racist!

Despise being mostly liberal, the late great George Carlin is spinning in his grave. He hated this type of crapola.

Now, now. There are brown eggs...wait a minute. Walking on brown eggshells means you're oppressing those brown eggs.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Now, now. There are brown eggs...wait a minute. Walking on brown eggshells means you're oppressing those brown eggs.
    Clearly, I’m racist for disregarding the brown eggs. I should be dumped feet first into a wood chipper for that.

Clearly, I’m racist for disregarding the brown eggs. I should be dumped feet first into a wood chipper for that.
    Clearly I'm racist since I don't like black licorice.