1. #1 SHOCK POLL: Kennedy 27 percent Trailing Cuomo 58 percent Huge 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Caroline Kennedy appears to be losing momentum in her bid for Hillary Clinton's U.S. Senate seat.

A new survey conducted by Public Policy Polling shows 58 percent of voters would prefer to see Gov. David Paterson appoint state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to the seat.

That's compared to Kennedy's 27 percent.

Among Democratic voters, Cuomo leads by about 20 points. That's about the same lead Kennedy enjoyed just a month earlier.

This revelation seems to fly in the face of various reports that have surfaced since the calendar turned to 2009. Sources close to Gov. Paterson have said repeatedly that Kennedy is close to being named as Clinton's successor.

Paterson has said the search is ongoing, but on New Year's Day he cautioned everyone vying for the position by saying whoever is chosen to replace Clinton will have to earn re-election in 2010 on his or her own merits.

The coverage of Kennedy's upstate "listening tour" back in December showed her going to cities like Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo, but not answering many questions, a decision that touched a nerve with the media and set off a firestorm of criticism.

http://wcbstv.com/local/caroline.ken....2.900585.html

they um must have er you know heard her like you know um speak and stuff.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Caroline Kennedy seems like a nice person, but Andrew Cuomo is far more qualified for the position. It's up to Patterson, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Caroline Kennedy seems like a nice person, but Andrew Cuomo is far more qualified for the position. It's up to Patterson, I guess.
    Not according to Harry. The choice is HIS according to Harry . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Not according to Harry. The choice is HIS according to Harry . . .

I'm not a fan of Harry or Nancy-Nancy, in particular. I am very annoyed at the treatment of Congressman Dingell-you don't treat the longest-serving guy in your party so shabbily. So much so, I hope that the republicans and the more centrist dems vote Dingell in as Speaker of the House and ditch Pelosi to the side.

Harry really should worry about the things that are his problem-like seating Burris and Franken in the Senate. Or not seating them, depending on how things go on Blago's criminal case and what will inevitably become Coleman v Franken.

Maybe as a consolation prize, Patterson can let Kennedy become the Attorney General. I'd say she's just as qualified.