Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't like Ann Coulter, I think she's wrong and arrogant.

What I find troubling about NBC's decision is the quote about not wanting to have someone on who is so critical of Obama. It's the media's job to present all sides of a story, and not censor things out to protect one side or the other. Their reason for cancelling her appearance is more troubling to me than the act itself-if they had cited an example of inappropriate behavior in past appearances or something, that would be different. But if that had been the case, they would have never booked her to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't like Ann Coulter, I think she's wrong and arrogant.

What I find troubling about NBC's decision is the quote about not wanting to have someone on who is so critical of Obama. It's the media's job to present all sides of a story, and not censor things out to protect one side or the other. Their reason for cancelling her appearance is more troubling to me than the act itself-if they had cited an example of inappropriate behavior in past appearances or something, that would be different. But if that had been the case, they would have never booked her to begin with.
    have you read any of her work? And what are you basing your assessment that she is wrong off of?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Well, gee. Imagine the liberals' uproar if Fox News had dropped its liberal commentators because they were too critical of President Bush. Frickin' hypocrites.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    have you read any of her work? And what are you basing your assessment that she is wrong off of?

I've seen her on tv. I don't need to read her books.

Yes actually - you do. On TV she is playing a role - and is purposely trying to shock and offend.

You might want to try one or two. Although her writing style is still acerbic, her books are heavily researched and extremely well documented. Even if you don't care for her take on an issue like the McCarthy Hearings, her book on the subject is crammed with research citations that can lead you in interesting directions. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You might want to try one or two. Although her writing style is still acerbic, her books are heavily researched and extremely well documented. Even if you don't care for her take on an issue like the McCarthy Hearings, her book on the subject is crammed with research citations that can lead you in interesting directions. ;)
    How to talk to a liberal was a good read. :)