Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Al Franken was pushed out of Senate by Chuck Schumer in secret bedside ultimatum 
    link

brooklynite (52,712 posts)

Al Franken was pushed out of Senate by Chuck Schumer in secret bedside ultimatum

New York Daily News

Al Franken was forced to resign from the Senate by Majority Leader Chuck Schumer who reportedly delivered a bedside “quit now” ultimatum to the ex-Saturday Night Live funny man in a secret meeting as sex harassment allegations mushroomed.

Franken says Schumer refused to allow him to present his side of a damning photo that showed him fondling a female comedian’s breasts and gave him just a few hours to resign, The New Yorker reported Monday.

Intead, Schumer, sitting on the side of his bed, warned Franken that he would rally Democratic senators against him after summoning the Minnesota senator to his Washington D.C. apartment on Dec. 1, 2016.

“I couldn’t believe it,” Franken said, according to the magazine. “I asked him for due process and he said no.”

I could have sworn I was told that Gillibrand masterminded the whole plot and everyone else was just a weak-willed lackey.
    tblue37 (32,440 posts)

1. He did NOT fondle her breasts. His hands never touched her. It was a jokey pretense. nt
    Uh huh. Now "joking" about fondling/sexually abusing a woman is OK.

Vinca (42,142 posts)

2. I'd love to know how any breast can be fondled with a flack jacket on.
    mr_lebowski (8,924 posts)

6. I don't mean to ... uh .... downplay it ...

But wasn't it just a photo of his flat hand lightly resting on her breast area, and underneath it, there was not only a shirt, but also under that, a bullet-proof flak jacket? And it was just a gag for a magazine cover (or something to that effect)?

I have a hard time with any publication calling that a 'photo of him fondling (the woman's) breasts'.

It really doesn't meet the criteria, as it were.

But maybe that's just me
    eppur_se_muova (29,755 posts)

9. It wasn't even clear if he was touching her -- his hand was between her and the camera, but ...

that's all you could say for certain. The photo was taken on board a transport plane, during a USO tour. They were traveling between gigs, and she fell asleep. So they set up a joke photo w/ Franken pretending to grope her. Harmless stuff, and Dems were extremely useful (to Uglicans) idiots to hound Franken out of the Senate.
    Karadeniz (2,234 posts)

8. He was ACTING!!!...hamming it up for the camera. Very cowardly of Schumer. Easier to

throw someone under the bus than stand up for him. Shameful.
    Liberals are divorced from reality and they think it's great. When you live in la la land you're never wrong, it's always the other person/groups fault and you can believe what you want to believe and call it 'truth'.

Karadeniz (2,234 posts)

8. He was ACTING!!!...hamming it up for the camera. Very cowardly of Schumer. Easier to

throw someone under the bus than stand up for him. Shameful.
    What would Karadeniz say if that exact same picture was of Trump rather than Franken? I suspect a different tune would be tweeted.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

Wait, so what were schumer and franken doing sharing a bed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

Franken is a douche bag, Schumer the same. Its fun to watch cannibals...

While I enjoyed seeing the detestable Franken devoured by his own party's shrill absolutism, I thought the actual offense was a ridiculous reason to leave office, calling it sexual harassment is like calling someone doing the the old SCTV 'Crushing their head' perspective shot in a pic an attempt at murder. It was a stupid overreaction but since they're the witchhunters I did like seeing them hunt and kill their own.

What is a 'secret bedside ultimatum'? Several things come to mind and none of them are very pretty.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Wait, so what were schumer and franken doing sharing a bed?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Are there pics????
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

Uh huh. Now "joking" about fondling/sexually abusing a woman is OK.
    It is if you're one of the darlings of the Far Left.

Franklen could have taken the picture with his pants down, a raging boner and the female in question was twelve.
    And the assholes at DU would still defend what he did because to them no Democrat can do anything wrong.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Are there pics????
    No thanks !
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    What would Karadeniz say if that exact same picture was of Trump rather than Franken? I suspect a different tune would be tweeted.
    They wanted Trump out of the presidential race because of something he joked about off camera. No one was raped. No one was touched. It was simple verbose.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.