1. #1 New safety rules for children's clothes have stores in a fit 
    I was going to put this in Stupid Liberal Tricks, but almost everyone voted for it, and Bush signed it, so...

Barring a reprieve, regulations set to take effect next month could force thousands of clothing retailers and thrift stores to throw away trunkloads of children's clothing.

The law, aimed at keeping lead-filled merchandise away from children, mandates that all products sold for those age 12 and younger -- including clothing -- be tested for lead and phthalates, which are chemicals used to make plastics more pliable. Those that haven't been tested will be considered hazardous, regardless of whether they actually contain lead.

snip

But others say the measure was written too broadly. Among the most vocal critics to emerge in recent weeks are U.S.-based makers of handcrafted toys and handmade clothes, as well as thrift and consignment shops that sell children's clothing.

"We will have to lock our doors and file for bankruptcy," said Shauna Sloan, founder of Salt Lake City-based franchise Kid to Kid, which sells used children's clothing in 75 stores across the country and had planned to open a store in Santa Clara, Calif., this year.

snip
    :mad: anger inducing linky

My wife gets a newsletter of folks with stuff to give away, and they told everyone that when this law goes into affect, no one will be allowed to give away kids clothes or toys that have not been tested for lead. This law will also apply to Goodwill, DAV stores, garage sales ect. I cannot write in large enough capitol letters to express my anger at the stupidity of this bill. Emotion and appearance over substance and effects. I'm really starting to hearken back to my more violent days and thinking we need to lift the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution out of the Smithsonian and firebomb Washington into rubble. With Congress in session.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post

My wife gets a newsletter of folks with stuff to give away, and they told everyone that when this law goes into affect, no one will be allowed to give away kids clothes or toys that have not been tested for lead. This law will also apply to Goodwill, DAV stores, garage sales ect. I cannot write in large enough capitol letters to express my anger at the stupidity of this bill. Emotion and appearance over substance and effects. I'm really starting to hearken back to my more violent days and thinking we need to lift the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution out of the Smithsonian and firebomb Washington into rubble. With Congress in session.
    Sweet good Lord this is so infuriating. It doesn't come as a surprise for a second....these red-tape loopholes and idiotic safety "concerns" are so far out of control it makes me want to throw up. Lead is dangerous; we get it. Are these clothes coated in freaking lead?!?!?! It's just like the idiotic CDC venison scare when they threw away tons of meat that could've been donated to needy families because they thought lead ammunition was going to kill everyone, then the state department did a study and determined it was FINE. By that time though, sadly, the meat had been destroyed and the underprivileged families got nada.

Don't these enviro-health-safety nutjobs seem hell bent on pummelling the poor in this country with their Head-Firmly-Inside-Anus rules?

Finally, I definitely hear ya on the wanting to just erase the current Washington off the face of the map (leadership, anyway) but it's good we Conservatives & Libertarians don't grab weapons and resort to violence over this stupidity.

Although:

"The tree of liberty must from time to time be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." - Thomas Jefferson
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Those that haven't been tested will be considered hazardous, regardless of whether they actually contain lead.
    Oh, F.F.S.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana