Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Multiple Injuries Reported in Shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival 
    Police and emergency personnel late Sunday responded to reports of a shooting involving multiple victims at the Gilroy Garlic Festival.

Ambulance crews were told 11 people were down in an active shooter incident at Gilroy's Christmas Hill Park.

One witness told NBC Bay Area he was on his way out when felt a bullet pass by his head, and when he turned around, he saw everyone running.
    https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...513320251.html
    "When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead."

"It is difficult only for the others."

"It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous ~

It is Nortenos turf. Nortenos are some bad hombres. No respect for life at all. Constantly at war with MS-13 and La Emme/mexican mafia/black hand.

The festival is a huge tourist draw. In fact the only tourist draw Gilroy has. When California has no tourists they are toast.
    The above from a different forum, posted by Big Dummy.
    "When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead."

"It is difficult only for the others."

"It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous ~

Gilroy is about 45 freeway minutes south of me. I've been nosing around, but at this point there's not a lot of info "out there". "News" media people are more interested in publishing "something" and pay attention to accuracy later. So don't be surprised if the numbered on injured, currently 11, increases or decreases significantly. I'll be checking in tomorrow AM to post whatever updates I find.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Clearly this will be linked to evil Trump!!

Hope no one is hurt...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Gilroy is about 45 freeway minutes south of me. I've been nosing around, but at this point there's not a lot of info "out there". "News" media people are more interested in publishing "something" and pay attention to accuracy later. So don't be surprised if the numbered on injured, currently 11, increases or decreases significantly. I'll be checking in tomorrow AM to post whatever updates I find.
    Let us know if you hear anything. I am getting calls from the East Coast asking if I am near the shooting. (People back East have no idea how vast California is.)

Report: 3 dead, possibly 12 wounded at Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting

GILROY, Calif. (KTVU) - A Gilroy city councilman said three people have been killed and possibly 12 others wounded in a shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival Sunday.

Councilman Dion Bracco said those are preliminary figures and could change.

A spokeswoman for Stanford Medical Center said two patients are being treated at the Palo Alto facility., but offered no details about their injuries or conditions.

Santa Clara Valley Medical Center spokeswoman Joy Alexiou said the hospital has received two victims from the shooting and expects three more. Alexiou also had no information on their conditions.
    Palo Alto is at the other end of Silicon Valley from Gilroy. Those two victims probably would not have been taken there without serious reason. Santa Clara Valley Med Center is also not the closest hospital to Gilroy, so those also may be in serious/critical condition. I'm just speculating based on geography, not actual information about the situation.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

"Handmaid's Tale" is Christian-Bashing Hate Speech

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Report: 3 dead, possibly 12 wounded at Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting

Palo Alto is at the other end of Silicon Valley from Gilroy. Those two victims probably would not have been taken there without serious reason. Santa Clara Valley Med Center is also not the closest hospital to Gilroy, so those also may be in serious/critical condition. I'm just speculating based on geography, not actual information about the situation.
    VMC reports they're treating 7 injured, one of which has been discharged. Saint Louise Regional Hospital in Gilroy was treating 8 but 2 were transferred to Stanford.

And it looks like I dodged a bullet, no pun intended. I thought about going today to the festival but it was just too hot for my tastes.

Live coverage if you're interested.
    Last edited by Zathras; 07-29-2019 at 01:49 AM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

And when the smoke clears, the left will focus on the gun and not the illegals doing the shootings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Power CUer
    Be careful about the early reports. These situations are usually developing. Gilroy is 70% Hispanic with a major gang problem. Also, the Dem debates are this week and they are going to talk about gun control. Remember the first debate: Jake Tapper asked his question about Parkland 3 times (even though the real story there was the police standown). Now the Dems have a fresh shooting they can exploit.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    V
    And it looks like I dodged a bullet, no pun intended. I thought about going today to the festival but it was just too hot for my tastes.
    Glad you're ok.

Newsom is probably drinking toasts to new gun control measures.