Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I've never been around a pit bull but I hate rotties. I wouldn't care if the entire breed was exterminated.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I've never been around a pit bull but I hate rotties. I wouldn't care if the entire breed was exterminated.
    I feel exactly that way about poodles!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I feel exactly that way about poodles!
    ha ha...not a poodle fan either! My dad bought one for my son cause he is allergic to most other breeds...the first time she poooooood up the stairs cause she was ticked cause she got in trouble for snapping at my son who was doing nothing but sitting next to me, she was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Calif Cowgirl View Post
    ha ha...not a poodle fan either! My dad bought one for my son cause he is allergic to most other breeds...the first time she poooooood up the stairs cause she was ticked cause she got in trouble for snapping at my son who was doing nothing but sitting next to me, she was gone.
    I have NEVER met one that is not completely evil. I wonder how many shannon has . . . . . ;)

I have NEVER met one that is not completely evil. I wonder how many shannon has . . . . . ;)
    I think she has a spaniel, not a poodle.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I think she has a spaniel, not a poodle.
    cocker? they are also very evil.

cocker? they are also very evil.
    She does have a cocker spaniel. My least favorite dog is a springer spaniel---the one whose spaniel rage took out my Jessie, my first greyhound, in the greyt spaniel attack that caused $5k in vet bills and lots of heartbreak.

Yeah, guess spaniels are evil.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I doubt if many people get greyhounds as pups. Most of them as pets are discards from the racing industry. I have had six greyhounds, all adopted after being bred to be race dogs. Three are now deceased; all were loving, wonderful dogs. One of the males didn't particularly like kids, would tolerate them, and usually just left the room. That was my first, Jessie. Jackson loved kids, would go out of his way to play with tthem. Blue is terrified of kids, but would never hurt them. He merely shakes when he's around them.

Xena, SR's pup from Florida, doesn't pay much attention to kids, but Darlene loves them. So did my old girl, Tiny, now deceased. She'd pester kids to play with her.

All six are very solid, reliable hounds. I confess maybe I'm "too city", but I get uneasy using greys to hunt coyotes. Most of my friends that have them treat them like I do, make "bubble" dogs of them. They tell you when they're adopted to not let them out in the heat nor in the cold. The greys are so happy when we buy into that theory. They love being couch potatoes, literally, on the couches and beds.

But the dogs that are racing are usually treated like cattle, put out in big pens without much shelter. That blew my mind when I first saw it.

We've adopted out some greys who had been used as coyote dogs, and they, too, seem to be pretty peaceful in homes. But I wouldn't want any kid to step into a large enclosure with any breed dog. The pack mentality could take over.
    Don't think I was into the hunting either till my grandpa told me that the coyote was "the big bad wolf" that tried to eat Little Red Riding Hood...lol

Yep...that is exactly why I was in trouble for going in the pen!

I was told by my State Farm agent that Cocker Spaniels are on the "no no" dog list. My agent also told me that you assume more liability when you post a sign that says "Beware of Dog"...because you are admitting that the dog is dangerous....hmmm....kind of makes you scratch your head in confusion, huh??? It ranks up there with the burglar that can sue the homeowner if the burglar gets hurt while robbing said homeowner's home! Go figure!