Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Kitchen Devices: Most Used/Least Used? 
    Assume that we aren't talking about the stove, microwave, or knives. What appliance or device gets used a lot in your kitchen? What appliance or device is hardly ever used? Why? What seemed like a good idea but clearly isn't?

Is there any appliance or device that you have eye on for this year? What is it?

I use the heck out of my can opener! The food processor and blender get alot of workouts too! As for small stuff, I use an old coffee grinder to grind up spices alot and my veggie peeler is getting worn out!

What I want to get is something that will slice and cut up cheeses easier.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Since I moved house relatively recently I managed to prune out the most useless gadgets (the juicer being the prime candidate) everything else does get used to a greater or lesser extent; but if I were to do things over again I'd buy a cheaper food processer with fewer attachments because I only use two or three of them.

Power CUer
    I love my Braun food processor; I had my mother's Cuisinart and gave it away because the Braun is so much better. I inherited a very good stand mixer of hers as well, and hardly ever use it. It's in a closet downstairs.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I use my mixer every week, at least.

I finally parted with my nifty pasta pot last summer. It had an internal colander and a timer on the lid as well as the cooking times for about 20 kinds of pasta printed right on the pot. Such a good idea!

For people who eat pasta.

I'm just not much of a noodle-eater and when I do get the urge, I usually prefer to make it fresh. I gladly gave it away and haven't missed it even once. :)

I gave away my Showtime Rotisserie. I am thinking that I will not be using the dehydrator either.. I bought it used for a really good price, but I haven't used it even once.

I use my coffee grinder almost everyday to grind nuts and seeds. I use my juicer daily and my blender and food processor weekly. I would LOVE to have the commercial quality vitamix but I don't want to spend over $400 for it.

With all the nice pre-chopped garlic out there a garlic press is useless and going into the yard sale box.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Most used - Robot coupe food processor - beats the trendy french ones hands down if you ask me.

Least used - Potato ricer.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I use a chopper like this a lot. Especially when I make soup:

Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I use a chopper like this a lot. Especially when I make soup:

I have that chopper! I should use it more, it's a nifty little thing.

I never use my garlic press. Or the pasta maker. Rarely do I use the food processor. Only occasionally do I use the blender or the hand mixer. And the meat tenderizer wooden thingy was only used once, when my niece decided she needed a weapon against her brother. And the knife sharpener...it's like brand new. The crockpot was used precisely 3 times before I broke the lid and threw the whole thing away.

I really need to get an ice cream maker. I'm positive I'll use that a lot!!