Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved 
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...disproved.html
    Looking back over my columns of the past 12 months, one of their major themes was neatly encapsulated by two recent items from The Daily Telegraph.

By Christopher Booker
    Last Updated: 4:28PM GMT 31 Dec 2008

The first, on May 21, headed "Climate change threat to Alpine ski resorts" , reported that the entire Alpine "winter sports industry" could soon "grind to a halt for lack of snow". The second, on December 19, headed "The Alps have best snow conditions in a generation" , reported that this winter's Alpine snowfalls "look set to beat all records by New Year's Day".

Easily one of the most important stories of 2008 has been all the evidence suggesting that this may be looked back on as the year when there was a turning point in the great worldwide panic over man-made global warming. Just when politicians in Europe and America have been adopting the most costly and damaging measures politicians have ever proposed, to combat this supposed menace, the tide has turned in three significant respects.

First, all over the world, temperatures have been dropping in a way wholly unpredicted by all those computer models which have been used as the main drivers of the scare. Last winter, as temperatures plummeted, many parts of the world had snowfalls on a scale not seen for decades. This winter, with the whole of Canada and half the US under snow, looks likely to be even worse. After several years flatlining, global temperatures have dropped sharply enough to cancel out much of their net rise in the 20th century.

Ever shriller and more frantic has become the insistence of the warmists, cheered on by their army of media groupies such as the BBC, that the last 10 years have been the "hottest in history" and that the North Pole would soon be ice-free – as the poles remain defiantly icebound and those polar bears fail to drown. All those hysterical predictions that we are seeing more droughts and hurricanes than ever before have infuriatingly failed to materialise.

. . . . continued . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Then there's this little gem to go with the above...

Sea Ice Ends Year at Same Level as 1979
    Michael Asher (Blog) - January 1, 2009 11:31 AM

Thirty years of sea ice data. The record begins at 1979, the year satellite observations began (Source: Arctic Research Center, University of Illinois)Rapid growth spurt leaves amount of ice at levels seen 29 years ago.

Thanks to a rapid rebound in recent months, global sea ice levels now equal those seen 29 years ago, when the year 1979 also drew to a close.

Ice levels had been tracking lower throughout much of 2008, but rapidly recovered in the last quarter. In fact, the rate of increase from September onward is the fastest rate of change on record, either upwards or downwards.

The data is being reported by the University of Illinois's Arctic Climate Research Center, and is derived from satellite observations of the Northern and Southern hemisphere polar regions.
    Guess the polar bears have nothing to worry about now. :D
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I'm still worried that they're not finding enough food. Maybe we can load up the SS Dignity with a shipload of Democrats with Al Gore leading the contingent. Pull up to an ice floe, have all the Dims get out for a photo shoot, then have the conservative mole captain high-tail the boat out of there. The polar bears will each get a nice hot dinner out of the deal and we'll be a better nation without the loudmouthed liberal idiots destroying our future.
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post
    I'm still worried that they're not finding enough food. Maybe we can load up the SS Dignity with a shipload of Democrats with Al Gore leading the contingent. Pull up to an ice floe, have all the Dims get out for a photo shoot, then have the conservative mole captain high-tail the boat out of there. The polar bears will each get a nice hot dinner out of the deal and we'll be a better nation without the loudmouthed liberal idiots destroying our future.
    ooooo that's not a bad idea . . . .

Are you trying to poison the polar bears?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned

The poor bears would have to lick their ass holes to get the bad taste out of their mouth :p

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Are you trying to poison the polar bears?
    still not seeing a down side . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    still not seeing a down side . . . .
    I love polar bears... the way they behave on those Coke commercials every Christmas make me just want to head north and give them Husb2Sparky to hug.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I love polar bears... the way they behave on those Coke commercials every Christmas make me just want to head north and give them Husb2Sparky to hug.
    :D

(For the record, the smiley option here is lame Sarasota. :p)

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    :D

(For the record, the smiley option here is lame Sarasota. :p)
    I have to agree. we could seriously use MORE and BETTER smilies. I have a collection if you'd like suggestions from the peanut gallery . . . :)