1. #1 Robot racism? Yes, says a study showing humans' biases extend to robots 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Link

Have you ever noticed the popularity of white robots?

You see them in films like Will Smith's "I, Robot" and Eve from "Wall-E." Real-life examples include Honda's*Asimo, UBTECH's*Walker, Boston Dynamics'*Atlas, and even NASA's*Valkyrie*robot.*All made of shiny white material. And some real-life humanoid robots are modeled after white celebrities, such as*Audrey Hepburn*and*Scarlett Johansson.

The reason for these shades of technological white may be racism, according to new research.

"Robots And Racism,"*a study conducted by the Human Interface Technology Laboratory in New Zealand (HIT Lab NZ) and published by the country's University of Canterbury, suggests people perceive physically human-like robots*to have a race and therefore apply racial stereotypes to white and black robots.

These colors have been found to trigger social cues that determine how humans react to and behave toward other people and also, apparently, robots.

"The bias against black robots is a result of bias against African-Americans," lead researcher Christoph Bartneck explained to*The Next Web. He told CNN, "It is amazing to see how people who had no prior interaction with robots show racial bias towards them."
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I'm sure that as demand for sex robots increases, their makers will increase the varieties of ethic or racial appearances. Although I'm guessing that most of the bots will be female, so maybe the future argument will be robot sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm sure that as demand for sex robots increases, their makers will increase the varieties of ethic or racial appearances. Although I'm guessing that most of the bots will be female, so maybe the future argument will be robot sexism.
    Simple truth? White films better than black on the movie screen.

Quote Originally Posted by dutch508 View Post
    Simple truth? White films better than black on the movie screen.
    Well, then the movie screen is racist, or something [\DUmmy]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just saw this story and was going
    to bring it over...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I just saw this story and was going
    to bring it over...
    Heard about it this morning, before I saw it hit the usual conservative sites. Too funny. Must always be about race!!!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Burn, baby, burn.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!