Thread: Burris denied seat in US Senate to succeed Obama

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Burris denied seat in US Senate to succeed Obama 
    Patent Member
    Burris denied seat in US Senate to succeed Obama

Roland Burris announced Tuesday he was rejected for Barack Obama's Senate seat, in a bizarre rainy-day scene on the Capitol grounds as lawmakers awaited the gaveling of the 111th Congress into session.

Standing amid a huge throng of reporters and television cameras in a cold and steady rain, Burris, 71, declared that he had been informed that "my credentials are not in order and will not be accepted."

But...but...but...I thought Democrats only voted for Obama because he's black!!!!1!! Then why are they denying a black man his senate seat!?

More proof that Republicans live in a delusional fantasy world, with no basis in reality. I love it! :D

More proof that Republicans live in a delusional fantasy world, with no basis in reality. I love it!
    Um no black democrats only voted for Obama because he is black. Which is why 95% voted for Obama.
    "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    -Ronald Reagan

Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
    "There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
    But...but...but...I thought Democrats only voted for Obama because he's black!!!!1!! Then why are they denying a black man his senate seat!?

More proof that Republicans live in a delusional fantasy world, with no basis in reality. I love it! :D

What in the holy horseshit are you blathering about? They are denying him a senate seat because he was appointed by a corrupt Gov. and didn't have his credentials signed off by the Ill. Secretary of State because he was appointed buy a corrupt Governor.
    Last edited by BSR; 01-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    What in the holy horseshit are you blathering about? They are denying him a senate seat because he was appointed by a corrupt Gov. and didn't have his credentials signed off by the Ill. Secretary of State because he was appointed buy a corrupt Governor.
    They're denying him the seat because he isn't the choice of the Messiah.

One important thing to consider here is Reid's contention that the Senate has the ability to choose who they can seat, outside of the limited Constitutional parameters. Unfortunately for the Dems, that's not the case. But if Reid can establish precedent with Burris, then the Democrat Senate can use this newly discovered "power" to seat Franken, avoiding Minnesota law altogether (by declaring Coleman unfit).

After that, it's only a short step to the Democrat majority using this power to deny seats to Republicans for any myriad of reasons. Unlikely, but this series of events is setting up Congress to allow Congressmen to decide their own successors, ignoring the will of the states.

actually - it goes to show who the real racists are.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    actually - it goes to show who the real racists are.

You mean the party that was responsible for our nation's first black president? Or the party of David Duke? Which one are you talking about?

You mean the party that was responsible for our nation's first black president? Or the party of David Duke? Which one are you talking about?
    The party of jim crow - separate but equal - a Klegal of the KKK as a party leader - and the one that calls black people racist names when they dare to think for themselves.

BTW - voting for someone just because he's black is not better than voting against someone just because he's black. Jackass.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

So that's why all the conservative racist Southerners and the states of slavery, lynchings, and Jim Crowe laws are now 100% Republican. So you admit the GOP is the racist party. I get it now.

Patent Member
    They're the same one, idiot.

Duke was a registered Democrat until 1989.