Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    I have heard that that walmart was CCW or such on facebook.
    This Walmart is a part of a shopping center, it's not stand alone hence the gun free zone. Hell, I bet you can buy guns at Walmart.
    Progressivism is a bottomless pit of absurdity.

Apparently this center was not gun free.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/2019/...mall-shooting/

Fort Bliss soldier hailed as hero in El Paso mall shooting

In an interview with MSNBC, Oakley said he was shopping at a Foot Locker when a child ran into the store and reported the mass shooting. Seconds later, he heard gunfire.

Oakley, who has a gun permit, drew his weapon and ran out of the store.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Apparently this center was not gun free.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/2019/...mall-shooting/

Fort Bliss soldier hailed as hero in El Paso mall shooting

In an interview with MSNBC, Oakley said he was shopping at a Foot Locker when a child ran into the store and reported the mass shooting. Seconds later, he heard gunfire.

Oakley, who has a gun permit, drew his weapon and ran out of the store.
    I saw that story yesterday. He assessed the situation and did what he thought was prudent under the circumstances. Probably the right thing. Too bad he didn’t have the opportunity to blow the shooter’s brains out.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    This Walmart is a part of a shopping center, it's not stand alone hence the gun free zone. Hell, I bet you can buy guns at Walmart.
    I don't know about Texas, but here in MO they sell guns, but not high-cap rifles or pistols, just .22s, hunting rifles, in-line muzzleloaders, and shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    I don't know about Texas, but here in MO they sell guns, but not high-cap rifles or pistols, just .22s, hunting rifles, in-line muzzleloaders, and shotguns.
    The one I frequent in Myrtle Beach does too. My question is, did this particular WalMart sell guns because if they did, how do they rectify that?

Wal-Mart effectively stopped selling guns in 2015. They sell handguns in their Alaska locations, and then everywhere else, it's pretty much just BBs/air rifles and some .22s.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Bloomberg; Walmart Doesn’t Intend to Limit Gun, Ammo Sales After Shooting

Walmart Inc. has no plans to stop selling guns or ammunition, or change any other retail or security practice following the Aug. 3 shooting that killed at least 20 and wounded 26 shoppers at an El Paso, Texas store, a spokesman for the company said Sunday.

“Our focus has always been on being a responsible seller of firearms,” company spokesman Randy Hargrove said in an interview. “We go beyond federal law requiring all customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm.”

He added that in 2015 Walmart stopped selling what he called “modern sporting rifles,” which generally refers to military-style semi-automatic rifles. It also removed from its website any air gun or toy that might resemble assault weapons, he said.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Wal-Mart effectively stopped selling guns in 2015. They sell handguns in their Alaska locations, and then everywhere else, it's pretty much just BBs/air rifles and some .22s.
    Not true. I go to Myrtle Beach every year and the Walmart in North Myrtle Beach sells guns.

Banned
    Some people in El Paso are not happy to hear that Trump is going to visit; some will welcome him.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/el-...93e?ocid=ientp
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...7QW?ocid=ientp
    “This is the office of the mayor of El Paso in an official capacity welcoming the office of the president of the United States, which I consider is my formal duty,” said Dee Margo, the mayor.

Others in the city had no patience for such diplomacy.

“Absolutely everything that Trump stands for was concentrated and fired at the citizens of El Paso that day at Walmart,” said Christopher Bailey, 43, a project coordinator for an El Paso health clinic. “Shame should be hung around the neck for every supporter that continues to justify his language and his presidency.”
    “It’s his words that created the climate that led that hateful man to come to my community,” said Lyda Ness-Garcia, a lawyer and an organizer for the Women’s March of El Paso who was at the poster event.

She said that when Mr. Trump painted El Paso as a dangerous city that needed stronger barriers between it and Mexico he was using the city as nothing more than a prop. El Paso was one of the safest American cities of its size long before barriers went up at the border, and violent crime is relatively low.

“It’s factually false. It’s just untrue. It’s nothing but some mythed-up white rage,” she said. “He needs to apologize and take his words back.”
    An American traveled south to El Paso to kill Americans and aliens because he didn't like race mixing; this is intolerable.

Earlier this year in his State of the Union address, President Trump described to the nation how the Texas border city of El Paso once had “extremely high rates of violent crime” and was considered “one of our nation’s most dangerous cities.” Then he turned it into the living argument for his border wall.

“With a powerful barrier in place,” he went on, “El Paso is one of the safest cities in our country. Simply put, walls work and walls save lives.”

In this West Texas border city, founded 360 years ago as an outpost of the Spanish empire, those words festered. So did words Mr. Trump repeated at a rally he held on the city’s outskirts a few weeks later. “Murders, murders, murders,” he said, in reference to immigrants, as the crowd chanted, “Build the wall!”
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...e-data-n969506 Shows crime rate not decreased by wall.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate El Paso crime rate compared to other cities.