Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No ambitious person with a 5 year plan is going to suddenly drop all that work and effort in order to get stupid high all day. The loser part comes first in pothead dynamics.
    Don't bet on it. People fall from grace all the time.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Don't bet on it. People fall from grace all the time.
    Sure, they do but they get back up and get on with it. All the real potheads I've ever known never needed to fall; they basically just rolled around where they were at to begin with.

My point is that weed is simply not going to turn an otherwise smart and ambitious individual to the Darkside.

are you saying that smart people are able to control their abuse of pot? Or are you saying that Smart ambitious people are immune to pleasures and escapism?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Sure, they do but they get back up and get on with it. All the real potheads I've ever known never needed to fall; they basically just rolled around where they were at to begin with.

My point is that weed is simply not going to turn an otherwise smart and ambitious individual to the Darkside.
    Making it easier to get, and making it more "acceptable" in the eyes of society will make sure that a lot of those kids who are waffling on the decision on whether or not to smoke pot will now have another thing pushing them to start.

This isn't about the "lazy" people. This is about enabling it for more people to start. A bit part of what stops a lot of people is the fear of doing wrong. How are parents going to tell their kids it's wrong now, when the law says it's ok?

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Making it easier to get, and making it more "acceptable" in the eyes of society will make sure that a lot of those kids who are waffling on the decision on whether or not to smoke pot will now have another thing pushing them to start.

This isn't about the "lazy" people. This is about enabling it for more people to start. A bit part of what stops a lot of people is the fear of doing wrong. How are parents going to tell their kids it's wrong now, when the law says it's ok?
    I give you this: Conservatives are way more entertaining than Democrats when they argue for big government.

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    I give you this: Conservatives are way more entertaining than Democrats when they argue for big government.
    How do you figure this to be an argument for big government?

Patent Member
    Feeb's so libertarian he's practically an anarchist.

Although I'm curious about his position on whether the government should regulate patents and copyrights.

The War on Drugs is the biggest of government. Plus it has so many convenient side effects. The rise in crime that comes with it leads to calls for more laws, harsher sentences, more gun control. Then there's the business end. More cops, more DEA agents, more prisons.

It touches practically everything. Doctors and the prescriptions they can write. Border policy. Search and seizure laws. Shit, they even ruined NyQuil.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Feeb's so libertarian he's practically an anarchist.

Although I'm curious about his position on whether the government should regulate patents and copyrights.
    I'm no fan of government regulation of either, but it's not something I generally care to argue about.

It'd be nice to go a week without seeing crap like this: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-101...eadlinesArea.0

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    The War on Drugs is the biggest of government. Plus it has so many convenient side effects. The rise in crime that comes with it leads to calls for more laws, harsher sentences, more gun control. Then there's the business end. More cops, more DEA agents, more prisons.

It touches practically everything. Doctors and the prescriptions they can write. Border policy. Search and seizure laws. Shit, they even ruined NyQuil.
    ah. so you're an anarchist.