Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Marijuana won't destroy society as we know it.

I've read studies that suggest that between 40 and 50 percent of adults 18 or over have experimented with marijuana at some point in their lives. Contrast that with the 2 to 3 percent who have tried crack or meth.

Out with the weed, in with the speed every time, yessir.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Just curious if you were an anarchist or just in favor of limited government according to the Constitution. It seems you're the former.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd certainly prefer a government that followed the constitution to what we have now, but that's a fantasy. If you're going to dream, you might as well dream big.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I've read studies that suggest that between 40 and 50 percent of adults 18 or over have experimented with marijuana at some point in their lives.
    If anything that's probably low. Frankly, if anyone asks me, I'm practically embarrassed to say I've never tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I'll bet studies would show that most hard drug addicts smoked cigarettes before they tried harder drugs.
    And I'll bet that even more of them drank coffee.
    Oh God. I do both! I'm doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Growing marijuana isn't as hard or involved as growing tobacco. For example Pot will grow almost anywhere,not so for tobacco.

If growing tobacco was easy don't you suppose at $4.50 - $8 a pack someone hasn't tried it already.

I agree a lot would go with convenience but more would grow their own. Grow your own gives you more control over quality/potency and lowering cost and escaping taxation .
    you realize that the bulk of the cost of cigarettes is taxes right?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    you realize that the bulk of the cost of cigarettes is taxes right?
    yeppers over half the cost. In Texas a pack of smokes avgs about $4.50/pack. The breakdown is $1.39 fed tax, $1.41 Texas Tobacco Tax, about 25 cents sales tax. so a $4.50 pack of smokes is comprised of $3.05 in Taxes or 68 % of the price.

Think the govt could get away with that on any other legal product.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.