Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Greenland Ice Melt Shock – The Terrifying Truth! 
    Greenland just lost 11 billion tons of ice melted in one day because of this shocking weather event known as ‘summer’.

CBS News‘s resident climate expert Ted Scambos [loving the poetry of that first syllable in his surname!] thinks this is worrying and unusual; so does the Washington Post, which declares it “one of its greatest melting events ever recorded”; so too does renowned Canadian alarmist Bill McKibben.

Here’s one way of looking at that. We can ask, IF Greenland were to continue losing ice mass at a rate of 103 billion tonnes per year, how long would it take to melt say half of the ice sheet? Not all of it, mind you, but half of it. (Note that I am NOT saying that extending a current trend is a way to estimate the future evolution of the ice sheet—I’m merely using it as a way to compare large numbers.)

To answer our question if 103 billion tonnes lost per year is a big number, we have to compare the annual ice mass loss to the amount of ice in the Greenland ice sheet. The Greenland ice sheet contains about 2.6E+15 (2,600,000,000,000,000) tonnes of water in the form of snow and ice.

So IF the Greenland ice sheet were to lose 103 billion tonnes per year into the indefinite future, it would take about twelve thousand five hundred years to lose half of it …
    Further down:

there is no mention of the fact that the ice sheet grew substantially last year, and also the year before:
    https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rifying-truth/

Original Story

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/08/...nland-endures/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Where i live, it's been way hotter than usual.

It hasn't been this hot here where i live.

We are just now hitting the century mark here in central Texas. So far, this Summer hasn’t been that bad. Now 2011? I hope I never have to live through another one of those in my lifetime. It was brutal. May was like August right out of the starting gate.

it was 90 today.

That is too hot, before it used to be about 88 degrees

It's been an unusually cool and wet summer here in Missouri. Very nice! Normally it's twelve weeks of searing, sun-blasted steaming Hell, this time we've had like two hot weeks, not even consecutive.

Man caused (anthropogenic) climate change claim is another popular lie that is being used for nefarious purposes! Climate change and anthropogenic or man caused climate change is used interchangeably by the many purveyors of lies to intentionally confuse the issue!

First, I agree the climate may indeed e changing, it has changed hundreds of times in the past. In fact the weather and maybe the climate has changed here in Ea TN in my lifetime. You can see it in the architecture of homes. Old houses have steeply gabled, almost A-frame roofs so snow will slide off and not accumulate. The newer houses have a drastically reduced gable angle and look as if they would be at home in FL. Snow fall here is vastly reduced in winter as the temp is warmer.

My grandfather said the rivers here would freeze over and he would take his mule team across the ice instead of using the bridge. Now and for the past two or three decades the rivers never freeze. So yes maybe the climate is warming. That said there is no (real, undisputable) proof its caused by human activity. In the distant past the CO2 level were up to 400 times todays level and there were no fossil fuels to burn or humans to burn them!

The anthropogenic climate change claim is to created by those that have a vested interest or other reasons to promote it. One of the other reasons may to be to force the western world to invest in expensive changes we can not afford. It may be an attempt to weaken our nation, our government and degrade our way of life. The way the earth presents to our sun (precession etc), solar variables, volcanos most of which are under the ocean, methane traps evaporating are just a few of the true causes for climate change, imo. Piss Soros off, buy a few ford V-10 expeditions, and most importantly, don't believe the lie!
    Last edited by NoPC; 08-09-2019 at 09:24 AM.

I live in Florida. It's always hot here so I can't tell if it is hotter or not. June seemed a bit cooler than usual but July was what it usually is and August appears to be about the same as every other August.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

This air conditioner is older than petrified dinosaur turds, and it still works! I should email or call Ruud and do a plug for them. Maybe I’ll get a new free A/C from them. Lol! This is the time of the year when it gives a Kurt Cobain scream in the late afternoon.
    Last edited by Tecate; 08-09-2019 at 10:15 AM.

HOUSTON has started on a one week triple digit expectation a day or two back and you would think it was the gates of hell by all the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Right after I moved here from Corpus there was a story about a lady in her eighties living down in Montrose with no AC. The home never had any and she was not planning on leaving or spending any cash to do the install even on a window unit. Humanity can handle a lot.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by NoPC View Post
    Man caused (anthropogenic) climate change claim is another popular lie that is being used for nefarious purposes! Climate change and anthropogenic or man caused climate change is used interchangeably by the many purveyors of lies to intentionally confuse the issue!

First, I agree the climate may indeed e changing, it has changed hundreds of times in the past. In fact the weather and maybe the climate has changed here in Ea TN in my lifetime. You can see it in the architecture of homes. Old houses have steeply gabled, almost A-frame roofs so snow will slide off and not accumulate. The newer houses have a drastically reduced gable angle and look as if they would be at home in FL. Snow fall here is vastly reduced in winter as the temp is warmer.

My grandfather said the rivers here would freeze over and he would take his mule team across the ice instead of using the bridge. Now and for the past two or three decades the rivers never freeze. So yes maybe the climate is warming. That said there is no (real, undisputable) proof its caused by human activity. In the distant past the CO2 level were up to 400 times todays level and there were no fossil fuels to burn or humans to burn them!

The anthropogenic climate change claim is to created by those that have a vested interest or other reasons to promote it. One of the other reasons may to be to force the western world to invest in expensive changes we can not afford. It may be an attempt to weaken our nation, our government and degrade our way of life. The way the earth presents to our sun (precession etc), solar variables, volcanos most of which are under the ocean, methane traps evaporating are just a few of the true causes for climate change, imo. Piss Soros off, buy a few ford V-10 expeditions, and most importantly, don't believe the lie!
    True. The 'man-made' hokum is a fossil 'way of thinking' leftover from the late 60's. Individual factories caught polluting somehow became all factories are polluting and they're never caught.

The only palpable 'change' I've noticed is that Thanksgiving and 'the start of hunting-season' would generally have snow on the ground. Now, they generally don't have snow on the ground.