1. #1 From WSJ article "If You Want ‘Renewable Energy,’ Get Ready to Dig" 
    Hope the link works https://www.wsj.com/articles/if-you-...g-11565045328?

Building one wind turbine requires 900 tons of steel, 2,500 tons of concrete and 45 tons of plastic.

A single electric-car battery weighs about 1,000 pounds. Fabricating one requires digging up, moving and processing more than 500,000 pounds of raw materials somewhere on the planet.

Last year a Dutch government-sponsored study concluded that the Netherlands’ green ambitions alone would consume a major share of global minerals. “Exponential growth in [global] renewable energy production capacity is not possible with present-day technologies and annual metal production,” it concluded. (I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!! That wasn't in al boring's movie?)
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

I can't read the article in the link without subscribing.

Much digging is also required to mine coal when it is dozens to hundreds of feet below the surface. Uranium mining is even worse. Chemicals are used to get the U-238 (yellowcake) out of the rock then it is enriched from <1% up to 95% depending upon the application. A CANDU reactor uses unenriched uranium.

A wind turbine in a good location might pay for its construction in 3 years, pick a bad location and it never might do so. The trump administration has not made any changes to the wind production tax credit as far as I know.
    #8 Thou Shall Not Lay The Burden of Proof Onto Him That Is Questioning The Claim.
    #11 Thou Shall Not Feed The Trolls.

Wind and solar are only feasible in a few areas of the globe; particularly West Texas, Southern California and the Southwest in the U.S. Dallas-Fort Worth is on track to become the first major city powered by renewables. Germany has spent half a trillion Euros on solar and the sun doesn't shine in Germany; they're also phasing out ALL nuclear; morons. If the Climate Change fanatics were sincere in desiring clean renewable power they would push for more nuclear. But they're not sincere, they are after government centralized power over all phases of life.
    The United States Navy, fighting Moslem barbarians since 1801.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (and bring body bags)

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    Wind and solar are only feasible in a few areas of the globe; particularly West Texas, Southern California and the Southwest in the U.S. Dallas-Fort Worth is on track to become the first major city powered by renewables. Germany has spent half a trillion Euros on solar and the sun doesn't shine in Germany; they're also phasing out ALL nuclear; morons. If the Climate Change fanatics were sincere in desiring clean renewable power they would push for more nuclear. But they're not sincere, they are after government centralized power over all phases of life.
    The best place for solar is the African continent. BP went in there doing some early surface exploration and made lots of friends by building and hooking up tens of compounds with a solar minigrid back between 2000 and 2007. It was a win-win as they were testing new panel designs at the same time. According to my contact, they also set up communications with the tribal leaders for repair and staff training.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault