1. #1 Dow down 800 today... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By David Goldman, CNN Business
    Updated 4:05 PM ET, Wed August 14, 201

New York (CNN Business)
    The Dow fell 800 points Wednesday after the bond market, for the first time in over a decade, flashed a warning signal that has an eerily accurate track record for predicting recessions.

Here's what happened: The 10-year Treasury bond yield fell below 1.6% Wednesday morning, dropping just below the yield of the 2-year Treasury bond. It marked the first time since 2007 that 10-year bond yields fell below 2-year yields.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I've never heard more idiots on TV and radio talking about an inverted yield curve. And I'll betcha 99% of them don't understand why it is happening or really what it means. Bad for Trump is the only take.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I'm thinking a false flag, We have documents coming out tomorrow, a falling stock market would be a distraction.
    We are on the brink of an adventure children. Don't ruin it with to many questions.
    -Mary Poppins

I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

The rest of the world is printing money. The Fed seems like they're okay with it. That was part of the reason for the drop.

It's already 'eerily' back, CNN... reclaiming 400-plus bux in 2 days... *yawn*

Why do they even bother with business-news over there?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    The rest of the world is printing money. The Fed seems like they're okay with it. That was part of the reason for the drop.
    Yep. What the rest of the world does affects Wall Street, especially those companies that are overexposed in parts of the world that are making bad decisions.

You all do notice they only talk about the $$$, never the percentage. If it’s approached as it should be, that’s less than 3%. Yeah, not a good day for the Dow but most investors saw a lot smaller move. Mine was half that.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    You all do notice they only talk about the $$$, never the percentage. If it’s approached as it should be, that’s less than 3%. Yeah, not a good day for the Dow but most investors saw a lot smaller move. Mine was half that.
    It has been that way for ages. Obviously the amounts mean far different things. Recall my grandpa complaining that the Dow went down 150 points or something. Back when it was flirting with 4000 for the first time. Comparable to dropping a thousand now.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender